How'd You Find This Site?

The Abster

Counting sheep.
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I found it while searching for "Writing Forums" on Google. Fourth result I believe, :)

TWallace

Registered
Reaction score
My friend guided me here after an "ill reputable" company made an offer to publish...vanity publishing I believe she called it..Something seemed fishy to me so I contacted her. Through her and this site I did NOT make that mistake and am now treading the long lonely route to traditional publishing....

The voices and personalities of this eclectic community felt like home.

dmickey

Registered
Reaction score
I think I found it when I was doing a web search on query letter critiques. Then I've seen it mentioned in articles about writers who were going through the agent search process.

Sherrie Cronin

imagining doing the impossible
Registered
Reaction score
Website
46ascending.org
I was trying to find out if I could use a few phrases from well known songs in my book. Everyone I spoke with had already told me it was fair use and would be no problem, but I wasn't convinced that "everyone" was necessarily well informed. Google turned up someone on this site advising absolutely NOT to do such a thing. I followed the link here, and found several other writers who also advised against it. After studying the site for awhile I deleted the lyrics from 8 songs and actually bought the rights to use them from two. And decided I better join in here and listen to some folks who had already been down these paths that were so new to me. It was the best thing for my writing that I could have done. Hope some day to know enough to pay some of this back.

xScribbler

XScribber
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I'm Scribbs -newbie

I found this site because of a question I asked on Yahoo Answers (YA), I simply asked' What is a good site you can get your work criticized on', and this popped up. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
The 2005 Absolute Write Idol Contest. (-:

Dilley Sue

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for info on a literary agent on Google and got sent here. I liked what I saw and decided to join!

Magnas

Really Devious
Registered
Reaction score
I found this place through another writing community.

Pamelamarie

Registered
Reaction score
A reporter out of Chico told me to come here he said i would find that perfect match for me. Meaning co writing my life story and tragic murder of my friend. Speed Freak Killer's surviving the mayham is the book im working on. Ive been reading alot of post great site and loaded with information. Wish i knew about this site a yr ago. Hope to find a N. California writer here to jump quick on board with me on this project of mine. Stay safe and have a great Saturday

shermancox

Registered
Reaction score
I was actively looking for writer's forums and blogs and this site came up. Looks like it is one of the best and I am a bit overwhelmed.

MatthewB

Registered
Reaction score
I found it while exploring on the internet. I'm still trying to figure out where everything is.

MichelleJean

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling info on a potential editor and found some information here about said editor.

I checked out some posts, thought it seemed like a fantastic community and joined. Very very happy I did.

Artifex

Registered
Reaction score
I found this through a Google search. I was looking for an active discussion board I could join. I compared about 10 different sites, and decided to join this one. :)

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I have probably read posts from here when Googling things, but I didn't decide to join until a friend I met on another, smaller/slower writing forum suggested that I might be happier with the speed of feedback I'd get here, as opposed to the forum we met on. I am trying to hold off on posting a plea for betas until I settle in a bit, but I do love how active this place is!

FairyWriter

Registered
Reaction score
How did I find this site?

Just cruising on a guide to literary agents and Yahoo asked if I wanted to check a "suggested site." It was this one, and I signed up.