Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1742678286878889909192939495969798102117 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3396

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

figuring it all out
    I was bumped to absolute write by another writer on SheWrites!

Storyteller of epic absurdity CinthiaX's Avatar
    Hi. I've been visiting this site for ages but only joined today. It's an honour to be amongst such talent! I found you through spacejock.com. Am really looking forward to our future cyber adventures together

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Traci-jo's Avatar
    It's been suggested a lot of different places as a good site for writers to use as a resource.

Ghost amidst the caligraphy. Blackfire's Avatar
    Looking up 'beta reader' in google. :3
    "Why do I write?...Why do I breathe?"

Care to crit my latest? Go here:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259726

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I'm new here, I found this site link at Writer's Digest.

Writer of All Things Weird & Cliche RogueCaptainJD's Avatar
    I was searching for some good places to R&R with other writers I like it so far
    ~Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door~

Ask me anything: formspring.me/RogueCaptainJD
    Updated weekly: roguecaptainledger.deviantart.com
    Where I publish my works:
    booksie.com/jd_ledger
    My Facebook: facebook.com/jd.ledger

A Facebook friend linked to this site

One of my Facebook friends linked to a thread started by a newb and an aspiring children's book author who posted his MS in the open and then proceeded to trash the "queen" of children's literary agents. Came for the show. Staying to learn something.

I was looking for a certain agent and this site came up discussing that agent's history. Looking over the site, I knew this was going to be a magnificent resource.

I was directed here by a professional author who shall remain nameless. It really is a lovely place, so I'm quite happy that she told me about it.

New, but ready and revving to go Liz_cm's Avatar

Smile How I found...

That's rather a funny question, for me anyways. I found absolute write through a published first time author, Erin Morgenstern, on her blog through her unofficial (official) FAQ. She was writing advice for people who are interested in publishing and how she went about doing it.

Not new to wanting to get published since over the past few months I have been visiting the sites of my favorite authors (Neil Gaiman included) and the advice they have. As well as looking at "The Writer's Market" as well. I have been lurking on this site for a few months and saw a lot of helpful information. That's how I got here, silly I know. Sooner or later I would have stumbled upon it on my own...I think.

Unpublished Fiction Author bdarner's Avatar
    I ran into this site when googling WL Writers Agency. I was positive it was a scam since it was a Google ad. Agents don't use pay per click ads to find writers. They also don't want to help hone your craft. Agents want writing that is already refined and publish worthy.
    Free novella: http://bdarner.deviantart.com/art/Th...-Was-290623148 WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT
    Free novelette: http://bdarner.deviantart.com/art/UseRxs-293041581 SAME WARNING AS THE OTHER

"writing" the wrong :P Demon-Sacred's Avatar
    I was refered here by Kelly Keaton after talking to her on face book. I love her books Darkness Becomes Her and A Beautiful Evil. I already feel pretty welcomed

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin beadyredeyes's Avatar
    I ran across AW several times when doing searches for different writing topics like "serial fiction," "online poetry," "self-publishing" etc.

I finally decided to join and see what all the hubbub was about and I'm happy I did!

It's a marvelous place to find Johnny-Five style "INPUT"!

I was recommended here by a writer friend when I was lamenting my lack of critique partners. Joined several months ago, never got up the nerve to start commenting and interacting with people until today!

I was on an epic quest to save the local princess from the local dragon when I came upon this tome. It's first page read: "Hear ye, fellow writer. Come ye to here ye forum ye: AW. Ye."
    It also had magical portal-script, disguised as a link. So I came here.
    Hi : )

losing way too much sleep over this Mik's Avatar
    I heard it mentioned on WritersDigest.com, on Tahereh Mafi's web site, as well as by Aprilynn Pike, who submitted her original work for review.

An author friend. Ann_Mayberry

It took more than fifty seconds for my access to get activated...so, honestly, I don't remember now how I found this site.... wasn't Google - I know that much.

JM

Hmm...I'm trying to remember the exact first reference, but I'm not sure. It might have been any one of the blogs I lurk about, and I lurk about a lot of them.
    I'm positive the better part of my time spent lurking around here was in the agents/publishers recs threads, that's where I landed through that first mysterious rec.

After lurking for a few months I decided it was time to join the party

<><'ing for compliments PPartisan's Avatar
    Yahoo Answers. I write bits of fiction and other stuff on wordpress, mostly serious stuff, but on there I follow a fantasy author who writes fantasy and had recently been published. I figured I'd give it a shot and asked to see if he'd like to premier some fantasy stuff I'd tried to write on his site, but he's been AWOL for ages! I also recognised that not that much fantasy writing goes on on Wordpress, so I thought I should just join a fiction focused forum.

Gave it a google, did some searching, and this place ranked highly. So, there we go
    Want to see more of my writing? <www. WERDPRESSED.wordpress.com>

I came across AW while I was researching agents. When I kept seeing it in my google searches I finally clicked and got distracted for a couple hours. It was great

New, but ready and revving to go Liz_cm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beadyredeyes View Post
    It's a marvelous place to find Johnny-Five style "INPUT"!
    It is I've learned tons just being on this site for a few days. Already making positive changes by just asking the right questions, and looking at what I need to do to polish my manuscript for querying. Now it's on it's way to my second beta-reader (non-awf member though).
    "Masques" MG Magical realism novel 48K- revisions. Querying Winter 2012/2013

"Allegheny Academy" Realistic teen fiction- brainstorming/plotting (5K)

I wrote my first novel in 2006 and joined after searching for formatting info online. I forgot my log in name and rejoined in January 2008. I never even think about formatting these days...funny that.

Going on a mental vacation. Clueless's Avatar
    I was doing research for my current WIP
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.- T.S. Elliot

One of my friends that reads my writing was helping someone else look for a place to advertise for writers for a project and they found this site. Told both me and the other person about it.

Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1742678286878889909192939495969798102117 ... LastLast