How'd You Find This Site?

Anaparenna

Just Another Exquisite Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.conjurewords.com
I love reading about how people found their way here. Especially when people have recommended us to others... that's like nice gossip.

What's even cooler is when you get a pm out of the blue from someone you know who noticed you here! Fishmonkey and I are acquainted through the wide world of writing, and I had no idea she'd joined. :)

Leyla

Registered
Reaction score
How I found this site.. With allot of searching and allot of luck. And I'm so glad I did.

Payton Turner

I can't even remember how I found this site. It was while doing some searching for publishers and came up as a link, but I'm glad to be here.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I signed with an agent who turned out to be a crook. I read one of her emails and was immediately suspicious of something she said, so I googled her name and a thread popped up under the Bewares and Background Checks forum. Glad I found this place, though. At least one good thing came out of the whole experience. :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for some information on what people thought was a good word count for a novel, & my search led me here... & I got stuck reading a bunch of threads.

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
I originally found Absolute Write after reading an article about Atlanta Nights in the LA Times. It was such a great story I wanted to learn more. I checked in on the NEPAT thread every so often for new developments,and just from reading that learned a lot about how book publishing works.

It took me a while, but I eventually figured out there were a lot of other great forums here.

Madison HIll

I navigated here months ago, and kept it bookmarked. But when it was recommended to me by a member (Zonk), I joined.

I type too fast for my own good, though. My name is Madison Hill, not HIll, but when I tried to change it, I wasn't able.

Cheers.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Madison.:hi:

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I was referred by another member. Highly recommended.

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
Lessee...
I was looking at the SFWA website when I came across the Atlanta Nights sting. This got me interested in the Writer Beware part of the website, so I checked out the various personal accounts, and one of them mentioned Dave Kuzminski (I hadn't heard of P and E then, ah the naivity of youth). I googled the name, and one of the first results was AW. Since then, I've been hooked on the NEPAT and the site. I did try to read the whole NEPAT, but it was taking sooo looong, and I don't have enough time...

JoFo

I just found it on Google. I believe I was looking up "Freelance Writing" at the time. :)

blisswriter

blissed beyond belief...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been here before...

It's deja vu y'all! :D I have been here before but it's been a while. I just stumbled back in yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my old login and password were unrecognizable. :Smack:

I can't remember how I found this place back then. Maybe I found it on the Absolute Write website.

Last edited:

sanctuary6284

Mental Supernova
Registered
Reaction score
I followed a link from another site called writing world (http://www.writing-world.com). I originally got there from google. I was searching for online writing communities and just general info on novel writing. I'm actually fairly new to this. My idea for a book started as an idea for a video game (computer science major). One thing led to another and I found myself here.

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

I can't remember now, but I must've found AW by googling writing sites. I just makes sense. :rolleyes:

The Scribbler

Registered
Reaction score
I was doing random searches on different agents, and noticed that this site kept popping up in the searches and so I thought I would give it a look.

parallax

HI from China

I found it by mistake - I was searching an E-mail that had "AW" as a prefix and AltaVista sent me here...
I'm a researcher from USA that is studying Chinese Phillosophy & Culture - I intend to write a book on it before the Beijing Olympics and am searching for writing tips. I've been R&D for a bit over 8 years & have the info in my head - I just need to get it out.
Any Advice?

Good Idea for a Forum!

ingulphus

One Word: Google

I have to echo the words of Parmida. I too was googling for writing sites and, well, here I am!

Yaslan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I found this site by accident. I was doing a search on literary agents and came upon this website http://www.sfwa.org/beware/agents.html and it had a link that lead me directly here :Clap:

For someone who doesn't know schtick about publishing, editors, literary agents, etc. etc. this website is an absolute haven. Thank you Jenna Glatzer and to all the people who make this website happen :Clap:

tammyk

I've seen this site mentioned here and there, but I don't remember where. I bookmarked it and after a month or so, I finally got around to signing up. I'm glad I did.

Risen_Flower

Registered
Reaction score
Search engine--though I think I am already member here. (I've seen this site before) Too bad I have no idea what username I would have used--nor email. But oh well, I'm here now.

goldpeace

Registered
Reaction score
I, too, was directed by friends after disillusionment with what I had signed up for, for seven years....:Shrug:

Glad to be here!!!

Dancing With the Devil #1-4137-2631-3
Houses of Blue #1-4137-3824-9