How'd You Find This Site?

Swtlo

Registered
Reaction score
I also found it by accident. Aimless google searching while trying to flesh out some ideas and poof! Like magic only better.

Robbert

Practical experience FTW
Registered
Reaction score
First I googled ('writers' forum'), then I made myself familiar with the newbie guide of the various sites, and finally decided to stay put. The intro at the Water Cooler was not only blatantly honest, but inviting nonetheless.

Eternal Stairmaster

Registered
Reaction score
For the longest time, I was looking for a community that embraces every type of prose - more specifically, playwriting. All the other message boards supported only short fiction or poetry. This message board was actually the second result in Google when you type in "writing message board". Guess I didn't look very hard. :\

Last edited:

Ovid9

Professional Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Forum member justcrash pointed it out to me.

He's a great mod on another forum I frequent and anyone that can keep a shred of sanity while modding that cesspool has to be a pretty cool dude.

This place is pretty amazing. I'm glad he told me about it!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I've been a member for a month and wish it were longer! But just noticed this thread.

I never had any intention of joining an online writing group. But then, I was researching agents and ran across Michael Carr's post that he's never received a bad query from an AW member. That--and a ramble or two around the site--convinced me!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AgathaChristieFan

proud writer
Registered
Reaction score
On Facebook, I noticed that a guy I went to school with listed he was an author through AuthorHouse. I would like to be published one day, so I looked on the company's website. After receiving spam emails three days in a row, I became weary and searched online under AuthorHouse scams. Writer's Beware and this website kept popping up. I checked Writer's Beware first for about a week just looking up all their useful tips. Then, I checked out this website. It's my favorite thus far; I love that all this useful information is in one place-not just based on facts, but based on personal experiences as well.

Sagitt1965

Patricia Lynndail
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patricialynndail.com
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...
Hello :)
I found it by doing a web search, but that was a while back

AgathaChristieFan

proud writer
Registered
Reaction score
I was sent the link by a friend. I'm just starting to treat my writing seriously...in the sense that I intend to publish it (and just possibly eke a living from it in a few years).

Jocelynk414, that's the same boat I'm in. Good luck and welcome to the boards!!!! I'm a newbie myself.

AbbyBabble

abbybabble.blogspot.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abbygoldsmith.com
I've known about this site for years (possibly since 2003 or so), but I just joined today. I can't remember where I first learned about it. I've been active in the writing community online since the days of bulletin boards.

Cherise Kelley

Registered
Reaction score
I was referred here today by a helpful member of another forum. Already I have learned so much that I wonder how I ever got by not knowing of this place!

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect a few have joined because I've recommended AW as THE place for writers to people on a POD forum. There is no other site like this one for learning, teaching, helping others, and just having fun.

RolloMartins

Registered
Reaction score
Found this site

I found this site when I posted to Facebook on the Aspiring Writers group. I asked if anyone wanted to start an ad hoc critique group. One person suggested this site, so I thought I'd try it out.

dion130

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by way of google. Lol. Merely typed in "good writing forums" and eventually registered here.

mojomx

Registered
Reaction score
Amazon forum

Someone in the Amazon forum recommended that I check this site out for future projects, of which will be many. By the way, any other erotic fantasy adventure novelists out there?

mojomx

Registered
Reaction score
Authorhouse.com author here. They do tend to bug the crap out of you. Always looking for you to spend money and if you can't pony up the dough then they are no further help. It got annoying so I am definitely hoping to find a better publisher for my genre.

WyrdeDragon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure anymore where I found it. I know I've seen it in the Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites for Writers for several years, but I can't remember if I found it before that, when I started researching agents. I do know I've been reading the Bewares & Background checks for quite some time. It's one of my first places to check on new agents or agencies I come across.