Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 83358737778798081828384858687888993108133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3376

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

practical experience, FTW Sinedra's Avatar
    starbeam suggested the site to me =)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Google

I too found this site through Google. I was checking out literary agents about a year ago and Absolute Write would always come up in the search. I cant begin to say how much the forums here have helped.

found the site from doing a google search for self-publishing. after checking out a few of them, AW seemed most user-friendly and populated, so i joined.

with compassion,

dh breaux

Total Wannabe
    I found the site during an internet search for "short fiction publication"

Sci-Fi Guru/Linux Geek Steven_Lake's Avatar
    I found this site through the recommendations of a fellow author. They included this place as one of the "must visit" marketing locations for aspiring authors.

Working hard, loving every second! D.M.Drake's Avatar
    I found this page while looking up Agents, you guys have tons of reviews and advice.

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

I have a new novel out to Beta readers and decided to Bing (trying that instead of Google, for a while) Beta readers to see if there are any support groups out there. This site was at or near the top of the list.

I poked around and decided it looked much like a virtual writers' group, so I now participate in a virtual as well as a physical writers' group. This virtual group is much more perverse, inverse, reverse, obverse, converse, diverse than my physical group.

Bundle up. It's cold out there. sperrynluv's Avatar
    Every time I Google an agent I end up here. After a while I clued in and decided to join.

I found this site by searching Google for "writers' forums."

Although it wasn't the first hit on Google, it was the only one that even remotely caught my interest.

-Rook

figuring it all out
    I found it in a wikipedia article about betas

I did a post on social networking and writers (being all new to twitter and blogging) and Anne Lyle recommended this site. It's good to be here

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Haven's Avatar
    I found this site through a Google search for information about writing query letters.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Jean Grey's Avatar
    The site was mentioned on Writer's Digest.

Felinocentric Monster of Word Count
    Nonny told me about it and gave me the link. She knew I liked huge, fast-paced forums where I can meet a lot of new friends and then get heavily active on my favorite topics. Currently a lot of my online time is spent at art sites, but she knows I wanted to spend more of my time working on my fiction.

So she sensibly steered me here, where my genres are common and my habit of posting lots won't wind up as a long list of forums where Rob posted last - for weeks on end.

figuring it all out
    I found it while looking up what beta readers are on wikipedia and clicked on the link. I am very happy, I did too.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin CocoWriter's Avatar
    I typed in "writer forum" in Google. I've been looking for a really good active writing community and I'm sure I've found it.
    RIP Amanda Todd! Me and my friends started a petition to stop bullying on Twitter. Please take a second to sign!

~*Building castles in the sky and setting foundations beneath them.*~

Here, there, everywhere mac3910's Avatar
    I read about these forums on a blog called "Lisa and Laura Write" They only mentioned it in passing in a post, but I decided to come take a look and I'm very happy that I did.

A seadog looking for crewmates Elenitsa's Avatar
    Somebody called Red Dawn on Pyracy Pub recommended it to me, because he is a member here too.

http://beforethemast.b1.jcink.com/index.php
    -A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies, open since August 2010;
    winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Party & Write til I Die rmkrisby's Avatar
    Someone who is on this site, not sure what username he uses, who I have class with mentioned it and I decided to look into it.

Poe Groupie and Lunchtime Writer nevermore-nightshade's Avatar
    I was directed here by another young writer whom I met in the blogosphere. I'm brand new, still getting the lay of the land, or, really, arrived in the land a short enough time ago that I can't even start worrying about getting lays of anything yet. Yup.
    This is a signature.

"Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore!'"--E.A. Poe

I'm writing a novel but I'm too paranoid to tell anyone about it.

If my posts here aren't overly obnoxious to you, you might like my blog...http://herestous.wordpress.com

Oh, Pro Iuppiter.

Aprilynne Pike referenced this website in her blog

I found it while looking up information about "Worthy of publishing" a yahoo answer came up about it with a warning not to use that site and to come here instead.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Mysticwolf's Avatar
    I Googled a couple of agents from Guide to Literary Agents. Ones without their own websites. That's how I found you.

I am also one of those accidental "sitings". I was surfing the web one evening and I found this forum. I have been reading the contributions of others here for a short while and decided to officially "join" and get a user name so here I am. I look forward to contributing positively here and to hopefully make some great writer friends along the way.
    Last edited by JayceeGirl; 09-29-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo

I actually came here first thanks to my father, who is not a writer at all. I was having issues with a publisher, I talked to him about it, and then he did what he does best -- Google. He found this place and suggested I check it out.
    Funny superheroes, chilling monsters and much more. Here's where to buy eBooks, print books or audiobooks of Other People's Heroes, The Beginner, and all of my available writing: Blake's Now Available Page

Page 83 of 136 FirstFirst ... 83358737778798081828384858687888993108133 ... LastLast