How'd You Find This Site?

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when I was reading some old but very useful posts on Patty Jansen's blog, and a whole bunch of Absolute Write members had added comments below. I could see there was a good sense of community among them all, and they were serious about writing well.

firecam3

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site while I was looking for advice to design starships

Stumble

Registered
Reaction score
Google

found this site and 1 others. I still browse here , but I like going to mythic scribes of late as they are about writing fantasy.

I still like the poetry I read here :)

Silverrosess

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I found this place by googling a background check for a certain shady agency. This site was really helpful, it said that my thoughts about that agent were true. it wasn't a legit place. And so, I am here now!

shermancox

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site while searching for online creative writing training. I have signed up and plan to look around..

chartruscan

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when I was googling the recovery time of abdominal gun-shot wounds and found an amazing thread with tons of feedback from experts in the field.

synger

Analysis Paralysis
Registered
Reaction score
I found it through Google, from looking for some advice on query letters.

Gavin23

Dum Spiro, Spero.
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing! Funny how people have come from such a wide variety of places! Myself, I read somebodies response on yahoo answers that advised this site and Voila :)

synger

Analysis Paralysis
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled "manuscript formatting" and found a number of very useful threads.

Velcro

Scribbling Scribe
Registered
Reaction score
I was guided to this place by another forum (writer's beat). I liked it so much here, I decided to stay...forever.

I didn't realize however that there weren't places to shower on Absolute Write. So my stench is starting to make me gag.

Misstiffus

So I says to the guy, I says...
Registered
Reaction score
Whew, it's a good thing I'm not downwind, Velcro. ;)

I found this place while searching for a beta reader. I've definitely found a lot more than I was looking for and already it's helped me look at what I'm writing in a different way.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I was guided to this place by another forum (writer's beat). I liked it so much here, I decided to stay...forever.

I didn't realize however that there weren't places to shower on Absolute Write. So my stench is starting to make me gag.

Welcome again Velcro.

Find your way to the super secret mod room and the oubliette. They've got showers, towel boys, all the amenities. :)

ShannonH

Registered
Reaction score
My Creative Writing instructor directed me to this website. Seems pretty awesome. . . Worthy of my awesome mystical powers.

micahcannibal

I am a Cannibal :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
I have no idea how i found this site lol. I think i was looking up how to write something and somehow it led me here...I've spent the day lurking around and really learned a lot in my first day here.

BookFormatterJen

I googled it. I was looking for a forum where I can offer my book formatting service to authors. I am delighted to be here because there is a lot of things that I could learn about the publishing industry.

Bookscribe

Registered
Reaction score
I was guided here for the query review section through the Young Writer's Society publishing group

OctoberRoses

Registered
Reaction score
i found while searching for a place to post a story im writting. i was looking for a site that i could get feedback. i used google to find this site after searching for ten minutes. i found a lot of other sites but none pleased me more than this one.