How'd You Find This Site?

Rob Lefebvre

Ass kicker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.throwthediceproductions.com
I found it through google. I wasn't specifically looking for a writers forum, but it turned out I like AW a lot, and find it is a valuable tool.

I am attempting to get a graphic novel published, and I figured the best way to info on agents to just google their name. the first names I look I typed in brought to AW.

Stryker

Smile, evolution has blessed you
Registered
Reaction score
I was somewhere in cyberspace and someone mentioned this site with a link. Glad I clicked it. Great tool for writers.

MAC in Aus

Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a Google search on a publisher who was considering my work, they appeared in the bewares, recommendations and background checks page.

Saturn

Registered
Reaction score
I found it by looking for Shoshone name for a piece of fiction I'm writing.

sameerjoad

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
indiebookoftheday.com
I found it via yahoo answers, someone recommended it as a good source and a great community for writers.

I also found it via Google later on when i forgot to bookmark the question or the site, only remembered something with a cooler so i searched 'writers cooler' and here i am! lol

DionS.

Shaken, not stirred
Registered
Reaction score
My wife was actually doing a google search to see if she could find a page on my site and she wandered into one of the poetry discussion threads. She thought it was interesting, emailed me the link, and the rest is his story.

FurElyse

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a beta reader, so I googled "beta reader," and this website came up. And it's great!

beechnut79

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site quite by accident while doing another search but found it again after emailing one of the member who warned against getting involved with PublishAmerica.-

emily

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through Google. I was looking up some agencies.

KentWatson

Registered
Reaction score
Referred by an author friend

In doing research for my own novella, I discovered an author, Carla Nayland, who has been very helpful to me, both in her own work and sage advice. She has a great blog and her site covers her work in historical fiction.

Blog: http://carlanayland.blogspot.com/

She mentioned Absolute Write as a great community resource for writers. I've been to a number of other sites and message communities, but AW is the cream of the crop. Carla never fails with the best information.

PhoenixRising

Registered
Reaction score
I was guided to this site by a good friend of mine. She told me it would be a wonderful place to spread my wings and get some great feed back on my work. :)

ShashaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Well I was just searching for sites that would have writer share and review my story. At least beta and mentor me. This was the first of many suggestions.