How'd You Find This Site?

erneij

I've found a home!

It was such great thing to listern to your instincts sometimes. I realy had to go out and do some shoping but my instincts nudged me to watch Clickonline on the BBC which i have been missing for quite sometime now. I'm a great Computer Geek who loves to read and would like to do some serious writing in future. The absolute write website just fell on my lap like a gift. I'm truly glad to have found a place like this. I might be all over this place. I will be a leach! I've found a home. Anyway i'm from African and i'm in Ghana!

Reaction score
I googled 'writers forums' and up you all popped! Bit of a boring story, really, but I got here in the end and it's great to find a forum populated by people who are serious about writing. Here's hoping some of your luck and talent rub off on me. :D

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
I yahoo'd Stylus Literary Agency and found the link to the posts about them here. After rooting around for a while in the other sections, I decided to pull up a chair and stay a while. Glad I did. Nice group of folks.

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I too googled you. (oops, I sound like yoda!)

susanabra

slipping across borders
Registered
Reaction score
I found this place mentioned in the Furtive Scribblers forum on ABE Books. I'm so glad I waltzed on in!

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
girlsadvice.7.forumer.com
I was chatting with Nachonaco, and she asked me if I was a member here. I said no, and she gave me the link.

Boy, that was a long, complicated story! :)

Jacquie

Registered
Reaction score
I was pointed here by the New Zealand Writers forum guest author.

I'm so grateful to him, it's the bestest site!! :banana:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I was researching an agent that had expressed interest in some of my work (dodged a bullet on that one, but that's a different thread.) There was just too much info and too much fun, so I stayed!

Minister

Unpredictable preacher
Registered
Reaction score
In the South-East, once again - of Michigan this t
Website
www.tominister.blogspot.com
In a discussion on agents at Hatrack (the website of Orson Scott Card, author of Ender's Game; it has a terrific set of forums for writers, especially spec fic writers), someone gave a link to the "Ask the Agent" thread with Andy Zack. That link was so helpful, I stayed to read more.

sunshinefaith83

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site because a friend suggested it. He's currently a member and we happened to meet on another forum, and the other forum hasn't been doing so well. He suggested this site to me and I checked out and became a member.

Kristy

alisonbruce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alisonbruce.ca
I got here via a friend and fellow writer, Ruth. She showed me the call for submissions for the hurricane benefit anthology and I was impressed. I'm horrible at meetings so I've never successfully joined a writers' group. Online I can do. This seemed like a good place to drop in.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't remember. How sad is that? I started writing my book, I know I googled lots of things, so my best deduction is that the water cooler caught my eye while googling (wow...that almost sounds naughty!)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sunshinefaith83 said:
I found this site because a friend suggested it. He's currently a member and we happened to meet on another forum, and the other forum hasn't been doing so well. He suggested this site to me and I checked out and became a member.

Kristy

He sounds like a great guy! :cool:

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Forgot to mention...I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my buddy Sheryl Nantus.

Diane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nobody-knows-anything.com
A friend told me about the great "Learn Writing with Uncle Jim" thread, and after I plowed through that, I looked into the NEPAT thread everyone kept mentioning. Once you've gone through those two threads, you're an old hand around here. :Clap:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
You are so right. :)

I love reading about how people found their way here. Especially when people have recommended us to others... that's like nice gossip. It counteracts all those times in junior high when kids rumored that I stuffed my bra. :tongue

Dragon Lady

I found this site through researching PublishAmerica on Preditors & Editors.