How'd You Find This Site?

Sass2379

One Big Goof
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by accident. I was researching for my novel and I stumbled on this site.

Trick Shadow-Walker

ScreenWriter Demon-Kitteh
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking up how long it would take to die from a stab to the stomach on Google...
Why yes, I do kill off about at least one character a week, why do you ask?

ebonythoughts

Registered
Reaction score
Hello From Texas

I did a google search on writing message boards and absolute write seemed the most interesting/informative and had the most traffic. I hope to improve on my writing skills from this site.

Danni74

Registered
Reaction score
I was here before, a year ago to introduce myself but thought I would re introduce since I havent been back. My cousin, Suzanne Young recommended this site to me. I am hesitant on people reading my work sometimes as I tend to be very hard on myself... but I trust her and her advice so here I am, again. I am working on a childrens book, and also on a novel. I have been stuck several times on my novel, and at the moment feel like I am writing 2 separate stories even though it is supposed to be one book. A bit frustrating to say the least.

DanielleSilverheart

Words like paint; hard to remmove
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daniellesilverheart.com
I found this place with a sugestion by a fellow author who said, "find a good group to bunce ideas off of." So living in the middle of no where montana thought an online group was for me...here I am..

annabelle07

Registered
Reaction score
Google brought me here and I'm glad it did.I think I could get comfortable here!:)

kangmandi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mandikang.com
WD too

I also found this site and forum through Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites. I recently began writing (for publication) so I subscribed to their newsletter as well as their magazine, and the "101 Best Web Sites" is given away as an incentive to signing up to the mailing list. I read it because I wanted to find some more useful sites to haunt.

Xainah

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling for answers to my writing questions and stumbled upon this site. After browsing around, I decided it would be an excellent community to join. :)

Lahblahdah

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, mine's about the same as Xainah's. Looking for answers to writing questions, and found the link to forums. I decided to join, 'cos it looked like a good place. Turns out I was right =D

Rixter

ChinaWriter
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for some information on a particular format question I had, and this was a choice I clicked on. After reading more, I thought it was a good website to join.

Good question!

Stephanie Golden

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniegolden.net
I'm a member of ASJA (American Society of Journalists & Authors) and the Beware forum was recommended by a member. Last week I had to check out a couple of publishers for a client and found one at least mentioned, then poked around and was amazed by all the possibilities here. ASJA has a great community, and this looks like another one. So I'm going to start exploring.

J.M.Nelson

Registered
Reaction score
I believe I first heard it mentioned by Gail Carriger during an interview on the podcast "I Should Be Writing". So I decided to check out the community. ^.^

jamesjdye

Registered
Reaction score
It was a one in a million chance that I found this site. I stumbled upon a leprechaun and chased it to the other side of a rainbow, and there it lied amongst a treasure trove of jewels, gems, and other artifacts, a phoenix, and after subduing the fiery creature, it pronounced one sentence, "Seek out Absolute Write."

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me here after I told her that I wanted to pursue writing. She is a member of the forum also (Charlotte49ers).

Lapinou

Registered
Reaction score
I was recommended it by a fellow writer on the Creative Writing topic of a UK parents' forum called Mumsnet.

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
It was just a simple search I did with bing and I think It was how welcoming and friendly every post I saw was that made me decide to join. Ive always responded better to positive reinforcement.
So kudos to all the moderators and all theposters for keeping up the casual but professional decorum.