Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Now here's a good one. I actually joined Absolute Write around beginning of 2008. The site, I believe, was still under construction at the time. I made regular visits for a few months but nothing seemed to be happening. After my last visit, May 2008, I gave up thinking the site was dead.

Found a link to Absolute Write through a post on another site, and tried to join, but found my preferred user name was already registered. (Always considered the name Mysteral to be unique) So requesting a password reminder led me back here. Perhaps I can lay claim to being the first member...LOL (if anyone wants an autograph...)

And I see my original signature is still here... hahaha

Huh. That IS a weird one - considering that the site's been here since 1998, I took over in 2006, and it was quite active in 2008.

fez

Registered
Reaction score
I've known about you guys for long enough that I am not 100% sure how I stumbled in the first time. But I think I was on an email list for a local writer's club, a link to the forum showed up with a little blurb on the monthly newsletter. I think. :Shrug:

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all! I joined two days ago so if I can't remember, someone medicate me and put me into my pajamas!

My first submission using an e-mail link sent me directly to vanity publishing piranha tank. After that, I decided to Google every lead for an agent - and every time this site came up, with something useful about whether the agency was credible, and what to expect from them. The advice was always on the money. Bar sharp pointy teeth, I can usually spot a good thing when I see it!

katekat

Registered
Reaction score
I found this website when I googled the name of an agent who had requested a full. I'm really glad I stumbled across it!

Nassik

Registered
Reaction score
I found these forums when I was researching the Institute of Children's Literature. I found such an exhaustive thread about ICL here and from that point I branched off into exploring these forums in greater depth.

JohnL

Hmmmm...
Registered
Reaction score
First heard about AW many months ago but foolishly never checked the site out. Saw it referenced on a published work a week or so ago and now I’m just getting my feet wet :)

efultz

Registered
Reaction score
I was surfing the net while on bed rest awaiting childbirth...reading about betas and how that all works. Now I'm here for community/interaction (writing can be such a solitary endeavor!) and learning. I might have come across it in WD, too.

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend is a member and I was enjoying reading the discussions via HIS computer, so I joined myself. Never regretted it... I LOVE it here! :D

RPMcMurphy

Registered
Reaction score
I searched Google. This site seemed like that best - and it is!

L_N

Registered
Reaction score
I just Googled. I've been trying to find a community of writers and at first, felt slightly overwhelmed with how huge AW is, but I think I'm getting the hang of slipping in the occasional post. :)

LindaB

Registered
Reaction score
I came across a link on disreputable agents. I looked around from there and found the site interesting.