How'd You Find This Site?

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Google. It comes up on the first page of every literary-related search. LOVE it!

PAH13

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time looking for a great place with writing advice that is full of fellow writers. Found this place once, but decided it was too big for me at the time. Then I realized I was wrong and re-found it through Google, which is like my right hand man when it comes to research.

Taryn Blackthorne

pathologically frightened of zombies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tarynblackthorne.com
Lauren Gallagher has mentioned this site a fair bit in her postings on her blog, which I read a bit. So I thought I would come on over and give it a shot, after a few abortive attempts to turn my friends into beta readers and a couple of times trying to set up a writer's group. I am a little nervous, but desperate for my own kind!

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
I was on Facebook and saw a very shiny ad from a company called Tate Publishing that was, supposedly, "looking for new authors!" Their website was just as bright and shiny as their advertisement, but I knew that I'd seen a message board in the past that talked about "Writers Beware" and talked about every agent or publishing company under the sun.

A Google search brought me here, and here I am. :D

Eggle

Write or Wrong
Registered
Reaction score
nanowrimo

I heard about it from someone on NaNoWriMo (another great site)

Bobby

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bobthewriter.com
found my way here while googling for information on an agent. liked the whole vibe of the place, so i stayed around and lurked until finally becoming a member.

Crossroad Press

Registered
Reaction score
Through Google

I have a recurring daily search on Crossroad Press, and I noticed a topic here asking about us. I registered initially so that I could answer the questions...and now, here I am. I've been writing since the mid 1980s, have 17 novels and a little over 150 short stories floating around out there, and I'm owner/founder of Crossroad Press.

tatyeana

Registered
Reaction score
I actually found it by submitting some of my work to a few editors and asking for advice, one of them told me about this site. She also said I should join a writers group.

Alias

Registered
Reaction score
I went to a writing workshop, and the speaker suggested taking a look at this site. I'm glad I did ^__^

The Deuce

Registered
Reaction score
I read about the site on the acknowledgments page of a novel i read.

Morven

Child of Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
I kept seeing it mentioned in blogs I follow, like Making Light and Whatever. Finally got round to coming here.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Hey guys, Dave here.

I was pointed in AW's direction this afternoon by none other than the fool's golden child himself, Mr. Ivan Brett (no relation. My full surname is Brett-Andrews) after I reviewed his upcoming comedy caper, 'Casper Candlewacks in Death by Pigeon' an let it slip that I, too, wish to write funnies for the MG age-range.

Wish me luck!

blueberry

Registered
Reaction score
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I've been lurking here for months, but only just signed up to post. I originally stumbled across this site by googling for a writers' forum.

Mysteral

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteral.synthasite.com
It's been a while.

Now here's a good one. I actually joined Absolute Write around beginning of 2008. The site, I believe, was still under construction at the time. I made regular visits for a few months but nothing seemed to be happening. After my last visit, May 2008, I gave up thinking the site was dead.

Found a link to Absolute Write through a post on another site, and tried to join, but found my preferred user name was already registered. (Always considered the name Mysteral to be unique) So requesting a password reminder led me back here. Perhaps I can lay claim to being the first member...LOL (if anyone wants an autograph...)

And I see my original signature is still here... hahaha

Delectability

Slave to the Squirrels...
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't even remember. I've been lurking on the site for so long, I don't remember how I got to it. I think it was on some author's how-to-query link website and I got to here.. or they had some kind of ad on it for the site.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here.