How'd You Find This Site?

Thesaintterrapin

Smoke me a Kipper!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by way of googling an agent i became suspicious of who i was seeking to represent me.

The first thing on the list was a thread on Absolute Write water cooler posted back in 2006 and continuing right up to last October.

The agent in question wasn't shall we say the most genuine person, as stated by members of this site.

This saved me a wasted journey, day and prob around £500.

tarawriter

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Since I've been lurking here for awhile I don't remember exactly, but I believe it was through an author blog. Wish I could remember who!

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I was randomly googling something - 18th century street lighting, I think, to answer a question from one of my writing partners - and an AW thread on that very subject came up on page 1 of search results. I became intrigued and followed the link back to the main index. I was immediately hooked. :)

venomousxeno

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everybody! I'm completely new here, I just signed up today and already I feel like I'm going to love this place. I found this on google when I typed in 'writing forums' in my most desperate attempts to find good writers who might be nice enough to take a look at my works and criticize.

Psyched to be here!

bbrady

Lady Jingly or Princess Bink
Registered
Reaction score
I recently became friends with a writer who mentioned this site, so I looked it up to learn more about writing, the process, the industry, and such.

NovelTk

Registered
Reaction score
I googled for WASPY names last year. A link popped up from this site for some of you guys were discussing the exact topic. :) I bookmarked the site, linked it on my personal blog and forgot about it. Then, it just so happened that I remembered it one procrastinating evening <-----you have to say that to the South Pacific tune----->You must! Even if it doesn't fit right. :( Anyhow, I thought it was time to commit to a site where others wrote as well. I have one friend who writes/reads. However, we tend to miss each other in the "sharing work" department. :/ So...I thought this would be a nice place to join. :)

William Randall

Hey driver, to the top of the world
Registered
Reaction score
After receiving a request for my MS (about a year after I sent it in) I looked up the agency online to see what I could find... there was something about the e-mail that just seemed fishy. Anyway, I stumbled upon a discussion on this site and found out that the agency was less than legitimate.

Gorandius

Braincage rattler...
Registered
Reaction score
Through the forums of the Writers Of The Future website is where I found several threads with links to this place. With as many as there were, it was quite clear this is a place not to be passed up for the many sources of knowledge and experience lying within. Not to mention, many people seem to be very friendly here.

Jason58A

Registered
Reaction score
how

I found this site when I was researching Black Rose Writing, which had expressed interest in my novel. After reading the thread on BR I signed up immediately.

AmandaYoung

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amandayoung.org
I found this site through Emily Veinglory's blog. I've been meaning to join for a while now, but only recently got around to it when Emily once again mentioned it on her site.

janwyl

New kid, pile on in...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't remember exactly. But I do know I was scouring the web for decent info for first-time writers, and eventually I tripped over AW and faceplanted into just about everything I was looking for.

Which makes me wonder, why did it take me so long to get here? Whenever anyone googles a noob writing question the whole damn results page should be AW threads.

I mean seriously, this place is pure gold. Get with it Google, that's what I say.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I did a Google search for writing forums since I was not happy with the one I was with at the time, and saw how huge this place was and so full of helpful information that I decided to join. And though I went back to the other one from time to time, I now have stopped going there and only hang out here.

allseeingscott

Registered
Reaction score
I just joined yesterday. I was searching for tips on how to write a book, and this website came up. I looked around on it, and decided to join!

jefferyborders

Blathering Blatherskite!
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of a friend

I found this sight after I was connected with a friend of a friend who was writing a novel as well, and I am very thankful for it.

vicllo

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling a quite random fact I wanted to check for research purposes, and one of the threads here came up in the search results. It seems like a really great resource.

Guerrien

Fire Bad, Tree Pretty
Registered
Reaction score
Also through the power of Google.

Starting out with my first serious go at writing something the size of a novel and knowing that I expected (expect?) it to be at least decent enough to consider sending it out on query after I'd gone back and rewritten and/or murdered it brutally, I spent a sizable chunk of time researching the business side of things. Google eventually came up with AW, which is obviously everything I was looking for ever in the first place.

glitterbear

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
It was recommended to me by the lovely Simon Haynes of Hal Spacejock fame...