Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 68 of 136 FirstFirst ... 184358626364656667686970717273747893118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3376

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

AXEL
    I was looking for info on whether I should post any of my WIP online on a site. An article said to come here and post instead of posting on random sites. And I found this awesome site.

I was googling Beta readers, and found AW linked on Wikipedia. I've found so much more here than just a possibility of beta readers, though. I can't believe I didn't find this place earlier.

New kid, be gentle!
    I couldn't get to sleep the other night and was thinking about how cool it would be if I could find a writers forum. So I typed "writer forum" into Google and this was one of the first ones to show up. I was amazed at how many there is though!

it just so happens that I know a short cut triptych's Avatar
    I was inspired by the article written by Joe Konrath:
    http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2010/1...f-publish.html
    And under "writing forums" on that site was a link to this board. That seemed to be recommendation enough to come check things out

New kid, be gentle!
    A fellow writer friend referred me to this forum. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Yahoo answers while looking for a site like this.

I was googling for info about epublishers and came across this site, and was hooked. Lurked for a bit then finally registered for an account.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I stumbled upon it while searching for writer sites on ask.com

Back in September (2010) I was google searching about agents and book publishers and after reading several blogs that did not sound very promising I have a blog post that had a link to this site and I figured "Well it can't hurt to try it out" I am just now reading different posts and information, hopefully it will be helpful.

Let us be thankful for the fools Henksbird's Avatar
    While researching agents via Google, I was frequently directed here...

practical experience, FTW
    I was reading Beth Revis' writing section in her website and she mentioned AW so I came to check it out!

The Friend
    I think really I found it by someone's homepage from fictionpress.com. or was it ff.net. I don't know which but one of them. I was clicking on homepages and ta-da I happen to be here!
    "Independence is the recognition of the fact that yours is the responsibility of judgement and nothing can help you escape it -- that no substitute can do your thinking, as no pinch-hitter can live your life." Ayn Rand

I'm an excellent poofreader. Astronomer's Avatar
    I found this site while doing research on a particular agent. I feel like I've found a home. (Well, at least a place I can unbutton my collar and take off my shoes.)

Writer's Digest strikes again

Now that I'm here, I can't really recall exactly how I found out about this place! Perhaps it was through a blog...Not certain, but I'm glad I'm here, just the same.
    http://manderson9.blogspot.com/

Black Wolf Lodge

Available at-http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/markanderson9

Three years ago I published with PA. *gasp!* I know. I found this site soon after and I've kind of been lurking since. Don't know why it never dawned on me to join...slow I suppose. I blame the cold weather.

I was reading sample query letters on sites like Query Shark and I kept hearing about "Query Hell" on Absolute Write. Found Absolute Write but it took me forever to find Query Hell because I didn't realize it was in a hidden and locked forum! I eventually figured it out and joined.

New man: have patience. BrotherCarrie's Avatar
    A supporter of my efforts found the site for me. It was one among several similar sites, and I chose this for its superior balance of utility, encouragement, and fun.

So, you think you're a Romeo? Aurora Falsestart's Avatar
    Nicely put, Brother Carrie- so far, I agree with your evaluation.

I found this site while trying to locate information on the legitimacy of an assistant who requested material on behalf of an agent.
    Last edited by Aurora Falsestart; 01-27-2011 at 08:54 PM.

I was arguing with myself over a time travel plot and randomly typed "plot help" into my search bar. Google led me here and I immediately fell for the comprehensive arsenal of writing advice. (Still haven't decided whether or not to ask for help on the plot though. )

I was looking for a place to find a resolution to some issues I was having with the creative process. This looks like a nice place to do so.

figuring it all out
    Google and I am glad I did.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Madeline's Avatar
    I was looking up information on prologues on google, and it brought me to a forum from here. It was an awesome forum and I am so glad I found it!

Found it when in another place someone said it was the best place for writers I had never heard of it. I hope to learn and grow!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Faith's Embrace's Avatar
    I was looking up information on general word counts for short stories and novels. This is what Google brought me.

Seems like I may have to shorten my 'starter' novels a bit and work on some short stories. Thankfully I have no shortage of ideas.

Page 68 of 136 FirstFirst ... 184358626364656667686970717273747893118 ... LastLast