Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 68 of 135 FirstFirst ... 184358626364656667686970717273747893118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3356

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

AXEL
    I was looking for info on whether I should post any of my WIP online on a site. An article said to come here and post instead of posting on random sites. And I found this awesome site.

I was googling Beta readers, and found AW linked on Wikipedia. I've found so much more here than just a possibility of beta readers, though. I can't believe I didn't find this place earlier.

New kid, be gentle!
    I couldn't get to sleep the other night and was thinking about how cool it would be if I could find a writers forum. So I typed "writer forum" into Google and this was one of the first ones to show up. I was amazed at how many there is though!

it just so happens that I know a short cut triptych's Avatar
    I was inspired by the article written by Joe Konrath:
    http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2010/1...f-publish.html
    And under "writing forums" on that site was a link to this board. That seemed to be recommendation enough to come check things out

New kid, be gentle!
    A fellow writer friend referred me to this forum. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Yahoo answers while looking for a site like this.

I was googling for info about epublishers and came across this site, and was hooked. Lurked for a bit then finally registered for an account.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I stumbled upon it while searching for writer sites on ask.com

Back in September (2010) I was google searching about agents and book publishers and after reading several blogs that did not sound very promising I have a blog post that had a link to this site and I figured "Well it can't hurt to try it out" I am just now reading different posts and information, hopefully it will be helpful.

Let us be thankful for the fools Henksbird's Avatar
    While researching agents via Google, I was frequently directed here...

practical experience, FTW
    I was reading Beth Revis' writing section in her website and she mentioned AW so I came to check it out!

The Friend
    I think really I found it by someone's homepage from fictionpress.com. or was it ff.net. I don't know which but one of them. I was clicking on homepages and ta-da I happen to be here!
    "Independence is the recognition of the fact that yours is the responsibility of judgement and nothing can help you escape it -- that no substitute can do your thinking, as no pinch-hitter can live your life." Ayn Rand

I'm an excellent poofreader. Astronomer's Avatar
    I found this site while doing research on a particular agent. I feel like I've found a home. (Well, at least a place I can unbutton my collar and take off my shoes.)

Writer's Digest strikes again

Now that I'm here, I can't really recall exactly how I found out about this place! Perhaps it was through a blog...Not certain, but I'm glad I'm here, just the same.
    http://manderson9.blogspot.com/

Black Wolf Lodge

Available at-http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/markanderson9

Three years ago I published with PA. *gasp!* I know. I found this site soon after and I've kind of been lurking since. Don't know why it never dawned on me to join...slow I suppose. I blame the cold weather.

I was reading sample query letters on sites like Query Shark and I kept hearing about "Query Hell" on Absolute Write. Found Absolute Write but it took me forever to find Query Hell because I didn't realize it was in a hidden and locked forum! I eventually figured it out and joined.

New man: have patience. BrotherCarrie's Avatar
    A supporter of my efforts found the site for me. It was one among several similar sites, and I chose this for its superior balance of utility, encouragement, and fun.

So, you think you're a Romeo? Aurora Falsestart's Avatar
    Nicely put, Brother Carrie- so far, I agree with your evaluation.

I found this site while trying to locate information on the legitimacy of an assistant who requested material on behalf of an agent.
    Last edited by Aurora Falsestart; 01-27-2011 at 08:54 PM.

I was arguing with myself over a time travel plot and randomly typed "plot help" into my search bar. Google led me here and I immediately fell for the comprehensive arsenal of writing advice. (Still haven't decided whether or not to ask for help on the plot though. )

I was looking for a place to find a resolution to some issues I was having with the creative process. This looks like a nice place to do so.

figuring it all out
    Google and I am glad I did.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Madeline's Avatar
    I was looking up information on prologues on google, and it brought me to a forum from here. It was an awesome forum and I am so glad I found it!

Found it when in another place someone said it was the best place for writers I had never heard of it. I hope to learn and grow!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Faith's Embrace's Avatar
    I was looking up information on general word counts for short stories and novels. This is what Google brought me.

Seems like I may have to shorten my 'starter' novels a bit and work on some short stories. Thankfully I have no shortage of ideas.

Page 68 of 135 FirstFirst ... 184358626364656667686970717273747893118 ... LastLast