How'd You Find This Site?

DizzyLizzy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Found this through a friend, after I posted on Twitter asking for ideas on writer-related communities. Looks good here.

CtS

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I found this through researching miscellaneous questions about querying on google. Lurked and poked around for 6 months, then decided to join when I got close to finishing up the rewrites on my novel.

Writer5

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I found AW by searching for a writers' online support group. By George, I think I've found it! lol

YAFAwannabe

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
How did I get here?

I don't know how I got here, but I am glad that I did!

Juvela Obi

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
In my own personal world, right next to the black
English isn't quite my first language (long story) so I am a frequent visitor to Dictionary.com. A couple of days ago, I noticed the Word of the Day was "pseudonym", thought it was interesting, and clicked on a series of links. One link brought me to the pseudonym forum here, and I decided t look around a bit. And now, here I am, heheh.

Scandiaca

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I got here via daddy google, too. I was on the run for some beta reader business and stumbled across this board as one of the first search results. This board has so many things to offer, that's why I registered. ^.^

katysara

Woof woof!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katysaraculling.com
Somebody pointed me to the thread about the darker side of chipmuka publishing and since they have published me 5 times I thought I'd join.

Rather worried-KSx

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site purely by accident. I was researching Trident Media as I wanted to submit a query to them. Their strange disclaimer form came up, and I said to myself, "Scammer!" That's the Jersey guy in me, always suspicious about everything! Anyway, I wanted to find out if Trident was reputable, so I googled Trident Media Complaints, and the thread about them in this site popped up. I opened it, and wow! It's been pretty enlightening in the couple of weeks since I joined here. Very interesting site. It's already helping me to improve my manuscript.

WinterDragon

Rawr.
Registered
Reaction score
in an icy cave high on a cliff, overlooking the tu
I found this while swimming through the waters of the Query Shark blog. Somebody mentioned the Query Letter Hell portion. I joined after I couldn't find it in a search. The person failed to mention that it was in a password-protected portion of the site, haha. I'm gald I joined, though!

jenrising

eep!
Registered
Reaction score
I got here via the direction of my lord and master, Google.

Once I had the time to get serious about writing again, I spent a lot of time reading to see what's changed since I last tried to get something read my someone I don't know.

After lurking for weeks I finally signed up recently. And am slowly getting to actually join the conversation.

valca85

Registered
Reaction score
I was on Agent Query and somehow found myself here.

evigusano

Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to decide in between writing in English or Spanish (my mother tongue). So I did a google search and found a thread about the subject! I was "pleasantly" surprised to hear that some other people struggle with the same issues.

rebmacrath

Registered
Reaction score
By a wonderful accident: I was searching for information on an agent, Susan Herner, and one of the links led me here. Nice surprise.

rebmacrath

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site purely by accident. I was researching Trident Media as I wanted to submit a query to them. Their strange disclaimer form came up, and I said to myself, "Scammer!" That's the Jersey guy in me, always suspicious about everything! Anyway, I wanted to find out if Trident was reputable, so I googled Trident Media Complaints, and the thread about them in this site popped up. I opened it, and wow! It's been pretty enlightening in the couple of weeks since I joined here. Very interesting site. It's already helping me to improve my manuscript.

Can you post a link to the thread on this site? I've been interested in Trident as well and actually did query them a couple of times after reading raves about one of their agents. Though she was still listed as taking new clients, I got back only form rejections stating just the opposite.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Thanks so much, everyone, for checking in and letting us know how you found your way here. It really does help me, in terms of planning strategies to better reach our audience.

Rebmacrath, you should be able to just check out the big index thread for the link to Trident, in the Bewares, Recs, & Background Checks forum.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Srsly. I dont remember

I dont even remember the "I've always been here" crack

I think I googled writers groups

AndreF

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Well I was another writing site and they kept slinging around AW this AW that. I started asking myself whats so great about this AW place? Now I see. I'll check out the other place from time to time. This place is really active for a writing community and I like. Writers helping other writers and so and so forth. Its a like a big city full of creative people while other writing sites were just little one horse towns.

SlightlyEpic

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to guess just like most of the other people... google. I know I searched for something on writing better and landed on a post here, and decided to join.