How'd You Find This Site?

DickZ

Cat Person
Registered
Reaction score
I just found this site today by noting a reference to it from a member of another forum I joined a few weeks ago.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled an agent and came across a thread for her. It was so helpful I decided to join, oh yeah, and I needed more answers. Thanks guys!

baker

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by lucky chance while online. I think I typed "Help with query" in the search bar and AW came up. I never knew there was a place like this. A place where great minds that think alike could gather and share their knowledge. No one in my family reads much(just me), I'm a homebody in a small town with no resorces. So I'm just tickled to death to have found this. This is so much better than foreplay...

Gokstad

Mostly clueless
Registered
Reaction score
Did a search for a particular agent's name on Google, to see what information was available about him, and AWWC came up.

tmoraca

Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth is my housemate's mother in real life. She's been bugging me to join for a while. Finally took the plunge

-tim

whimsical rabbit

Bunned
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, how had I missed this one?

Well okay, if this helps MacAllister even a tiny tiny bit, my screenwriter husband sent me the link, which I think he found through his screenwriters' forum. :)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I never posted here!

I found AW because it was talked about in a blog I follow...can't remember which one, though. I follow too many.

Stephanie Mojica

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniemojica.com
I think someone on either Demand Media Studios or Associated Content mentioned it in a writer's forum. Since I write for fun and for a living in multiple genres and also teach/coach writers, this kind of forum is a great resource for me.

Peace,
Stephanie

Faust

Something Excruciatingly Clever
Registered
Reaction score
Like some of the others, I stumbled across these forums while searching for agents.

Margaux

Registered
Reaction score
can't make up my mind

Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

I found it internet surfing a couple years ago, then lost touch. I didn't post much at all but find the information so helpful! I also like hearing other people's stories cause the rejection in this field is hard sometimes. I just joined again. I write a lot of different stuff i.e. can't make up my mind! Poetry, essays, just finished my first suspense novel.
here is my blog
http://margauxessays.blogspot.com

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! I found this site in a super weird way. I was actually trying to look into Black Rose Writing to see if they were legit. I had just sent my requested manuscript to them, and when my sister asked me how I knew I could trust them, I decided to try to prove her wrong by looking up blogger's info on them. Geez, what a shock! Needless to say I told BRW that my novel was no longer available, as I was seeking representation elsewhere. After that, I decided to join AW.

L.G. Vazquez

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
About a year ago I found this site while searching for writing tips (I think) and found the Uncle Jim thread. Been lurking on and off ever since.

Dark_Marionette

Registered
Reaction score
I ask a qustion on Yahoo answers and someone pointed me in the direction of this site. AW is the most helpful site I've been on so far :}

JMNamaste

Trying to remember who I am...
Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a search for writing partners on Google - this site had a related post on it where the gentleman was directed elsewhere. I figured, I might find something better here. Fertile soil of the mind to plant my literary seed, so to speak.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a search for writing partners on Google - this site had a related post on it where the gentleman was directed elsewhere. I figured, I might find something better here. Fertile soil of the mind to plant my literary seed, so to speak.
:welcome: to the forums. Don't forget to start an Intro thread here in the Newbie forum so everyone else can welcome you, too. :)

Carpinttas

Reading Hyperbole and a Half :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
crows-wolves.blogspot.com
by accident! I wrote in google the name of my blog, trying to see if it would show up, 'cuz I have very low visits, and only google knows why, a AW link appeared! moreover I entered, even though I didn't know what this was, and realized this was great!

thank you for your flaws google! (the name of my blog was absolutly nothing to do with AW!)

KMauro

Registered
Reaction score
I was exchanging PMs on the Goodreads website with one of my fave writers, Kate Sherwood. She hinted that I might want to take a look. So here I am, yay. :)

A. R. Braun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I was reading the Query Shark blog and some other blog that mentioned it would be a good idea for an author to join the Absolute Write forums, so here I am!

trillium

Trillium
Registered
Reaction score
I did a search for writing technique and stumbled on this site. It was wonderful and overwhelming at once.

sisco

Nothing clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsisco.com
I originally found this site through a google search for "call for submissions." I later found the site again through the "101 best sites for writers" in an issue of Writer's Digest.