How'd You Find This Site?

Michelle G

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when I did a google search for beta readers. I recognized the name from a recommendation on TheBookDesigner.com, which I found while reading Publetariat.com.

I'm at the point where I've finished my latest round of self-edits on my novel, and am trying to figure out what to do with it next. I'd like to get some feedback, since no one but me has read it, and I don't have an in-person writing group.

This is my first post, and I haven't filled out my profile yet.

M.B. West

Registered
Reaction score
I found it first through a rec on Verla's Blueboards and then again through Querytracker.

fwc

!eltneg eb ,dik weN
Registered
Reaction score
google writing forums

Starshadow

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I googled. I do a lot of "ooh, look, shiny thing" google searches, and was looking for some help topic regarding writing or publishing. Or formatting.

So here I am! Hi, everyone!

MelloCello

Registered
Reaction score
Probably googling, but I couldn't say. I tend to surf the interwebs at all hours of the night, going seemingly randomly from one site to another. I may have found this link on someone's blog? No matter, I'm just happy to be here!

Jjaystar

Registered
Reaction score
i found this site by googling "good sites to post writing on" absolute write popped up over and over, so i decided to check it out. I like it here! :D

R2D2

Registered
Reaction score
(knock) "Hello, may I come in?"

I do not know the protocols. So, I am unsure if I entered the right room! I got the lead from Yahoo!Answers. So, is there anyone who can lead me with the right protocols? I come from the research area and hence I am a lot lousy with PR (public relations). So, if I make any mistakes, please discipline me as far as boxing my ears! I give you the permission! I can go only as far as that and now waiting for a friend to help me to get on my feet!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome R2

Post a greeting in the Newbie Forum and the locals will have a meet and greet.
The Newbie Guide is the best place to start and then browse around the site and Forums.

There are lots of Star Wars fans here, you'll fit right in :)

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really remember....although I think it might have been off Janet Reid's blog....or a link from a blog she linked to...one of those lol.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was researching agents and the Bewares threads from AW kept popping up. Finally I found the main page, joined, got lost in the forums, and still havent found my way out.

tonza

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by googling Garret C Maynard as one of the "scam" agencies that requested the first 20 pages of my script and also a 3 page treatment/synopsis. I have sent it off by the way and I have only taken it that far! It's all registered by the WGAe and WGAw and copyrighted.

I hope that I can be helpful in this forum :)

estelle

Registered
Reaction score
I heard about this wonderful, informative site from a writer on facebook by the name of P.n.Elrod

estelle

Registered
Reaction score
Happy to be here

On facebook i had been sending out a message to any writer who may be able to see it. The message was a warning for writers to stay away from a publisher that is a phony, they are liars, rip-offs, etc. i received many responses from writers that agreed with me. one writer in particular by the name of P.n.Elrod sent me a message - the message recommended i get in touch with you, this wonderful, informative website.

MichaelLetters

Never without an Opinion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jimpeschke.blogspot.com
While reviewing another site before I joined, there was a suggestion not to join that site and join this site instead. I do not remember either site sorry, there is only so much room in my brain to store information.

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
I was doing research on a couple different agencies through google, and AW kept popping up for each of them. After I dug around on this site for a bit, I realized it was a good resource, so I joined up.

I'm already learning tons of stuff, so I'm not disappointed!

Ariex

Yes, I'm new. Fear the kitten. :3
Registered
Reaction score
Found it by googling for opinions on first person, present tense fiction. Found this site and figured I'd join...