How'd You Find This Site?

Rebekkamaria

Pixie with dust, beware
Registered
Reaction score
A friend recommended it. Is it RheaL here? Her nickname, I mean. :) She recommended AW in 2008, and I did register then, but I wasn't writing seriously at the time. I didn't feel like I belonged here. Right now, I'm exactly where I need to be.

kittyCAT

<3 <3 <3
Registered
Reaction score
I was googling for general forums, eventually it brought me here. :)

Makyelin

Deus Ex Machina
Registered
Reaction score
An agent recommended it to me in his rejection letter.

bluedreamwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for contact info for a particular agent,
and I stumbled in here.....
so glad to find you all!

kaye

Registered
Reaction score
I too found this site because of Publish America. They accepted my manuscript after two days - which made me wonder, so I did the research I should have done earlier. Finding your thread on them here is what made me back away quickly from the contract.

Thanks!

Byenia

browsin'...
Registered
Reaction score
I just googled "writer forum" and this site displayed on the first page of search results.

kahless

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi There

First post, I found this site via a link posted on the SFX forum in the Creative Writing section. It looks like the sort of place I could get comfy in.

I'm an aspiring writer, so far had 3 rejections and one short story posted on the GeekPlanetOnline website.

At present I'm working on an entry for The Terry Pratchett Prize with a deadline of December 31st.

KasonndraLeigh

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kasonndraleigh.com
Found the Old Fashioned Way...Word of Mouth

Hello Absoluters,

I found this site the good old fashioned way...by word of mouth. A friend who'd done some beta reading for me suggested I post my query in the Share Your Work forum (which confuses me by the way) and so I did. Very happy to say, I've already met a couple of people in possibly swapping beta reads with me.

www.kasonndraleigh.com
http://kasonndra.livejournal.com/

Last edited:

Peter Boyle

Hermit by the Pond
Registered
Reaction score
How I got here?

MAGIC! I was looking around trying to find more info on sprucing up my query letter...maybe a different tactic. Anyway, I got here and decided to set down roots. At least for now. I want to see what it's like to be a member of a 'writers group' (whatever). Maybe I'll like it and find it useful, maybe not.

I'm a beginning novelist, but not new to writing (Academic Papers, Opinion Pieces, etc.). I'm NOT in this for the money, I have some stories to tell and they aren't the 'usual' ones. I am just really curious as to whether I do this well enough to get published. I have two books (Action/Adventure) in a (maybe) three book series completed and have begun my file of rejection slips. I have a third book (Serial Killer/Those trying to being him to Justice) half complete.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Peter, don't forget to post your greeting in the Newbie Thread so we can give you a proper AW welcome

Frye

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "hey, where's Perry?" One thing led to another, and now I'm a member.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I was looking for an agent, but wanted to 'screen' them first, if that makes sense. My reasons for being here were totally personal and selfish. :D

But hello. I couldn't find a place to simply say Hi without starting a new thread. I am jaksen almost everywhere and the name has no reference to the popular singing group or singer. I invented the name before they were stars, if you can believe that. Jaksen is the name of a minor character in a sci-fi book I started as a teenager. When the internet was new, my husband said we needed to 'disguise' ourselves online. I used the name jaksen and he was something else...

So there ya go. I am a published short story writer and attempting to find an agent for my first novel.

Story over.

veritas2010

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site in a most unusual way....I am taking a comedy sketch writing course in NYC. This week we have to write a TV or Movie parody....I am doing Law & Order SVU....my characters are collecting DNA via nose mucus....I was looking for other words for "snot" and this site came up.....you people sure know how to "boogie" down!

hammers

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for information on an agent and then stumbled across this site, I'm so glad that I did as the information here for writers of all abilities is fantastic.
Keep up the good work x

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I kept googling things that had to do with writing...and AW kept popping up. Finally, I decided I had to join!