How'd You Find This Site?

kruptintel

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling information about Scrivener and came across a list of good, free sites for writers, so here I am.

nevealane

Snow and Sex is what I know
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nevealane.wordpress.com
I was actually looking on how to combat piracy, because my first publication ended up on a request forum for astatalk and I was like what? so after doing some research and some digging about epirates, I stumbled along upon you guys.

fwc

!eltneg eb ,dik weN
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching za Google for writing forums. How else, jah?

PGaritas

Zen Quixote
Registered
Reaction score
This site was found when passive voice help was searched for. OK, seriously, I found it when searching for info on an agent who requested a full.

KathyD

Registered
Reaction score
I found it after typing in the name of an agent and this site was one of the hits.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
I nice person that befriended me at PA during my ranting about price of books:rant: sent me your url. Glad she did. Found wonderful people that don't mind my rantings and hasn't deleted one of them yet...moved them hehe...not deleted.

:D

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Went from the water cooler into the pub (yikes) and was advised to jump in. With paper umbrella in hand, I jumped. Took out somebody on the dance floor, but, I'm movin on!
icon10.gif

I literally found this site by accident. Frustration was setting in and was searching all I could search when this site popped up! Luck? Fate? :Jump: We shall see!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to find out what comes first, the agent, editor, or publisher. My brother sent me this site along with a few others. Glad he did!

skunkmelon

Randomly curious
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferponce.com
I found my way here when researching PA for a friend of mine. I tried and tried to talk her out of it after reading what everyone was posting about them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to convince her of their perfidy.
Fortunately, I found AW and have become a much stronger writer because of it. I'm thankful to this forum and so very glad I found it.

Jen

Brittany

Writer & Full-Time Student
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hersimplegifts.blogspot.com
I've been "lurking" for over a month now, but finally signed up for an account a couple of weeks ago. I think I heard about this site through one of the blogs I follow on Blogger... or maybe through the Kelley Armstrong forums. One of those two! I'm on both so often that I forget. ;)

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
I googled 'best writing community' or something and this came up :D

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
I honestly ignored the site for a while even though I happened to catch a glimpse of it in several of the blogs I was reading. Finally decided to join it. Not a big fan of these things but I'm hoping I made the right call.

adgrogan

Author of: Orange FingerTips
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.groganbooks.com
Hey Blue,

Don't be blue. We all explore our options with the hope that something great will come out of it. Having a similiar naivety, I went with PA too. My advi e is to use it as a building block.

I found this site by accident and now I'm hopeful I can inform others about my experiences so they can avoid certain pitfalls.

Also, I am the moderator of Ole Man Fiction social group. I invite you to stop by. It's listed under AbsWrt Social Groups. Good luck!

Peoplesleep

Registered
Reaction score
I googled for tips on writing mistery fiction, and that brought me to one of the subforums. After that, I browsed around and liked what I saw. So I stayed.

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
I stumbled upon this site while following information posted on unrelated forum, one I probably shouldn't mention. The thread was about large boards and absolutewrite was near the other site on the rankings list. I was there (initially) to research gay men to make my characters more realistic.

TLR

just escaped from the cubicle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tracyrozzlynn.com
I was using Google to research different agencies and this site kept coming up in my searches. The Bewares, Recommendations and Background check forum has been a great source of information. I don't go to it directly but type the agents’ name into the search. That way I can read info about the current agency and past agencies the agent has been with.