How'd You Find This Site?

Nuklear1

I Speak Dragon Naturally
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
How I found this site.

I found Absolute just yesterday. I had contract in hand with BRW to sign my novel. I had not done a background check on the company up to this point and decided it best if I did. I did a Google search and found the thread on these forums about BRW and Rothe. After three hours and rereading that thread five times I decided to withdraw from their company. I felt as if my decision was in the best interest for my novel and myself. I was thankful to find the information. I wish Mister Rothe the best but I want more than what they can offer.
After viewing that thread, I became aware of the wealth of information on this site. I had to join!
Daniel

Jasmine Giacomo

Registered
Reaction score
A member here drew my attention to a thread in the Bewares, Recommendations and Background Check subforum. There was enough other nifty stuff here that I decided to join and participate. :)

PandaPolka

Registered
Reaction score
I'd found this site several times before but just recently rediscovered it through Writer's Digest. =D

Leslie Williams

Leslie Williams
Registered
Reaction score
Leslie Williams

Was just googling and stumbled across yall. Am trying to overcome query letter weakness. Am going to hit Query Letter Hell :}

Leslie

georgeflint

Registered
Reaction score
re: How'd you find this Site?

Hello Friends,

Welcome to this forum and i have found this Site from the Google. It is nice Forum site.

Thanks,
George Flint

gystyle

Registered
Reaction score
Absolute Write appeared in a blog post of my friends.

Glad to be here.

flowinginkwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I'm new in here, well I'm new in the whole site

...So I was exploring see and wound up some how in something to do with SiFi some kind of drop in bar thingy... anyway this thread was mentioned there

So... i thought why not. I write YA and 9-12 and have newly released, Feb, Graphic novel to encourage kids who hate reading to read. Only available to teachers in Canada, the US and Austraila an award for it

Now 'm knee deep in a YA and a 9-12 and I'm ever so slightly stuck in a revision of a murder mystery for adults. People like all of them so far but a great deal of work is needed to complete the the first two. And I may kill myself over the revision of the mystery ...

Still it's all good fun right? Agree with me please thanks, Alice

Vickery

Registered
Reaction score
a comment on wikipedia. I was actually trying to find out if a Publisher I'd been contacted by was a safebet or not and thanks to this little gold mine, I might have just saved myself some trouble!

Daisylee

Livin' in the Land of Knothead
Registered
Reaction score
Researching a writing topic and AW turned out to be one click away... a great find I'm glad I stumbled upon.

Aaron Hill

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking up proper format tips for submitting a manuscript to agents as they change frequently and I wanted to stay abreast. I found a decent tool and the author mentioned this site.

Ducky

Registered
Reaction score
Me; I'm new. Not birthed new but HERE new.

I was searching whether or not a few different literary agencies were reputable about 6 or more months ago and a thread on one of the agencies came up. Another thread also came up when I checked the next agency and so on and so forth. After that, every time I was going to check an agency I typed in the Forum name and checked it here.
About a week ago I ran into a whole slew of terms that I didn't understand and I figured this was the best place to try and figure them out; whether by trying to find it in other threads or by asking.
As I just discovered, you already sticky noted it and and I just bookmarked it to read for when I fume down from having looked for all of this info. for days now, and JUST NOW remembered to look at this site. *smacking self on forehead*

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Welcome to the watercooler, Ducky. Don't forget to start an intro thread hear in the Newbie section so everyone else can welcome you, too. :)

SueLahna

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wordvagabond.com
I got here while compiling the very long list of Agents to Query via google. I was looking up some agency that had a very confusing entry in the LMP 09, and you guys had a wonderful little forum post that sorted me right out.
Thanks for that!

AshenLionHeart

survived Chicken Island.
Registered
Reaction score
My friend RatieKae introduced me to this site, we were in a creative writing class together and had so much fun together.

Detective Conan

Registered
Reaction score
A former member mentioned it to me in school one day. I just now found time to join in on the fun.

Vultural

Registered
Reaction score
I read Fisher's Ten Percent Of Nothing. I'm hoping Absolute Write can help me avoid wannabee Deering agencies.

Kent

learned my lesson well
Registered
Reaction score
I was checking out publishers and came across Publish America. Their business model didn't make sense to me to I did some online investigating and was soon directed to this site. The forum topics convinced me I needed to belong.