How'd You Find This Site?

Ratiekae

Loves blue jeans and irony.
Registered
Reaction score
I learned about AW from my mom, who is also on AW. And....that's about it.

pdknz

Having way too much fun
Registered
Reaction score
I'll bite. I came here from a cite in a most excellent article in dailyKos, by

http://sensibleshoes.dailykos.com/

I've been cruising the site for several days, looking for the right place to stick my nose in, and this looks like it. I would describe myself as a hobby writer, and writing competes with several other preoccupations, particularly a lot of more or less wasted time cruising the net.

Thanks everyone for the site, and for the general support for newbies.

linfred4

Registered
Reaction score
How did you find this site?

Well, I found this site from a friend telling me this would be a great place to come and talk to others about writing. Also get myself out there. So, here i am :)

linfred4

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,louisgodwin

I am sorry for your luck, but I am happy to find you here since I am new at this too. But I am going to a conference in TO for May 28th to 30th and it's called Bloody Words 2010, you can google it and it will give you info, it maybe too late to enter the contests they are having. But they are doing another one next year in BC. I just thought i would let you know. Because the ppl there are great.

lowriter

If I had finished this sentence,
Registered
Reaction score
How did I find this site? I didn’t find the site. I didn’t even know the site was missing. I found Google. Google must have found the site. Google can find anything!

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Somebody posted this site on the forum of a different writing site so I thought I'd take a look. She refered to the forums as must-read So far I have to agree :)

Delectability

Slave to the Squirrels...
Registered
Reaction score
It was linked on some sort of query advice, I believe. I could be wrong though. I cleared out the browsing history so now there's no telling, but with the amount of information on this site it will be a long while before I run out of things to read.

Hey everyone!

Gilky

Registered
Reaction score
I searched high and low for a good online writing course on plotting and I stumbled upon Uncle Jim's thread. More specifically his post about studying chess to help with writing, and since writing and playing chess are two of my favorite activities I read up on the thread a bit. Then I lost the thread and couldn't remember the site name. But I found it again. Yay, me!

AimeeM

Registered
Reaction score
My friend referred me to it. I was asking her if she knew of any writing websites where people actually took it seriously. :3 And I can see that she was correct! This place is quite intimidating. It will probably be a long while before I put anything up. I don't think I'm that brave.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I've had multiple people tell me that I should come here, because all of them love it here. So after months of them trying to persuade me, I decided to join.

thehairymob

If I had a brain I'd still be dumb
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
I have heard of this site for many years but the sheer size of it always put me off. Also I was lead to believe that as a self publishe author, call me vane if you wish, that I would not be welcome here. Since I joined I have seen for my self that this is untrue and that there are a great variety of individuals here. I also find myself allowing my sillier side loose whilst I write my next book. :D

LadyMage

Coffee habit ahoy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinegilraine.com
I found this site on the Amazon message boards. I participated in ABNA, got as far as Round 2, but didn't make it further than that. In the hashing of reviews, someone mentioned AW. So, here I am. :)

Kirk T

Cap'n Kirk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertdetroit.yolasite.com
Oh wow! This beats how the Diesel Doctor's message page is set up. This is almost like hotmail! Let's see now. How did I get here? To be right honest, I don't have a fricken clue! I was just hopping around, like a constipated frog, and I found this site! Pretty cool huh? Actually, I was jogging around the internet finding out what a mess I almost got myself into with PublishAmerica, and I stumbled onto this thing. It looked like a pretty swell place to hang out and spend some time and even gain some knowledge while I'm at it. I guess that's okee-dokee. If your'e still a readin'...Thanks![/FONT][/FONT]

amarierayne

Registered
Reaction score
It was totally an accident how i found the site. I was searching for something random related to writing (what i don't remember now,) and I found you all!

LordMoogi

Purveyor of Oddments and Fantasies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
moogi-constructivecynicism.blogspot.com
I found this site by accident. Currently, I'm finishing up an independent living course at a vocational school. One of my teachers knew I was interested in writing, and she found an ad for a publishing house in a magazine. She tore it out and gave it to me. I called the number in the ad (not knowing whether they were legit or not, but feeling that it would make a good learning experience in any case) and ordered their free information packet. A few weeks later, I received a booklet in the mail. To my disappointment, I learned that this was from a vanity publishing company. I knew I didn't want to do business with these people, but I decided to go online and learn more about the publishing industry anyway. Wikipedia led me to the Writer Beware site, which led me to here.

And there you have it!

xraywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thank goodness for this site. I had a split with a shady agent here in Canada recently and decided to send my second novel out to a set of publishers by myself. I followed the list that she had used for my first novel, not knowing much about them. I had two fairly quick responses accepting the story. The first one charged a big up front fee and I disregarded them immediately. The second one seemed legit until I did a Google search and was lead to this site. Excellent forum dedicated to that publisher saved me from making a bad decision.

Thank you so much AW. Now I just need to learn how to navigate this place. I apologize in advance for any mistakes I make.

Inquisitive_Lass

Registered
Reaction score
How I found this site

It was about last month, I was looking for message boards on google where I could get assistance with writing and this site was one of the top three results that came out, therefore I continued reading what was offered on the site, until to day when I joined.

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I just recently found this site while looking for info on queries/agents/what the heck do I do with a completed manuscript? Google is amazing.