Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 58 of 135 FirstFirst ... 83348525354555657585960616263646883108133 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3356

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin chastiser's Avatar
    I heard about this site from NaNoWriMo.

Though at the time I was failing to complete the task. Now I've decided to focus more on writing so I thought I best join

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin LiMeiLing's Avatar
    I found these forums while doing background checks on agents. You guys are awesome! I've found the answers to so many questions and it's just so encouraging to know I'm not alone. Consciously I always knew, but actually seeing so many people in the same boat helps so much! Thanks so much to the wonderful people who created and run this site!

I saw someone else talking about it on Holly Lisle's site so I googled it and then began to read
    My characters facebook page. Phoenix Bailey

"I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every last pimple. Every last character flaw. I was naked for a day. You will be naked for eternity." Chaucer. A Knights Tale.

Yes, I'll be right there.... fractal's Avatar
    I Googled "tvwritersvault ripoff" in aid of getting some perspective on a service for which I *nearly* enrolled.

Hitting my head in procrastination Vilisse's Avatar
    I Googled 'writers forum' (or something like that)
    Force Ida - outlining/writing (again)
    Land of Ashta (series) - outlining/plotting

ChristTeen Writers <- a forum in progress...

"It's the cereal killer! Hide your milk and Cheerios!"

I'm usually screaming. anotherday12's Avatar
    I was on Yahoo answers and someone directed me here. Best piece of advice I was given in a LONG time .
    There are many reasons why novelists write but they all have one thing in common: a need to create an alternative world.
    - John Fowles

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Rampantic's Avatar
    Hi everyone - name's James and it's my first post so I'll try to be brief and not bore everyone right off hehe.
    I found this site yesterday whilst trying to find out about a publisher who's just offered me a contract (of sorts.) The publisher is Pegasus and the contract has VANITY written all over it.
    One writer on the forum has already confirmed what I thought the second I saw Pegasus's letter.
    I'll be writing a brief no thank you to them, and a note of gratitude to the writer on here - once I find out how to properly navigate the site of course...

Fearsome Dragon Mod AW Moderator jvc's Avatar
    Hi Rampantic, welcome to the watercooler. Why not start a thread here in the Newbie section so we can all welcome you in true AW style
    Jed.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts - Lots of Fun Facts and Humorous History posts. Parenting: Facts And Advice On Temper Tantrums.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin zaffu's Avatar
    I found the site through Google, though I can't for the life of me remember which search terms I used.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I found this site via Aprilynne Pike's blog and can already tell it'll be a great community!

I found this site while researching various Literary Agents. Lots of my google results kept leading me to threads here about agents that I should think twice about!

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue Snowstorm's Avatar
    Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
    I use Dogpile (I hate Google) and was trying to research query letters. This site called Absolute Write kept on popping up on the first page, often the first site. Jeez.

Okay, fine. What is this place?

Oh, yeah ...

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Tarnished Gold, a historical mystery

Blog Twitter Facebook

Ardelie
    Writer's Digest. Went to other writing forums but liked this one best.

I was searching on google when I stumbled upon this site. Since writing has pretty much taken over my life, I thought this might be the perfect place for me.

A friend on Goodreads recommended the site, she said it was a good place for tips and advice. Wow was she right.

Assume the best intentions. Jake.C's Avatar
    Someone mentioned it on another site, thought I'd check it out.

I already forgot which site that was :/
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style.

Banned
    Found it via google

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin theDF_underground's Avatar
    I found my way here ages ago via word of mouth from pals on various other writing-related forums... I can't really call myself a newb to AW, though I've been on hiatus for a few years and now feel like I'm starting all over again here. Oh, wait, I am starting all over again here... new gig, new handle, new AW account (because I forgot my old login). So, howdy, folks! Nice t'meetcha.
    serenity j. banks | editor in chief
    theDF_underground: the dark fiction portal.
    www.df-underground.com
    serenityjbanks.wordpress.com

Searching for Wonderland jallenecs's Avatar
    I got here from TV Tropes, of all places. they mentioned you on their "archive binge" page, and, curious, I did a quick search and voila!
    Blackburn Gaslight Adventures - my steampunk internet audio drama

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 06/05/15: Fun Friday: Even More Web Series

practical experience, FTW incognitopress's Avatar
    Heard about it from a friend who took a publishing workshop with a former editor at Penguin.
    Elisa
    Website

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone RedRajah's Avatar
    Someone mentioned it on one of the LJ communities I frequent recently and I was intrigued.

practical experience, FTW
    Stumbled upon it ages ago but didn't think anything of it. Now I'm starting to get more into writing seriously I thought I'd come on over.

I don't know how I found this site...

I think I might have stumbled on it from someone's link or by a web search. A few years ago when I was first deciding to research writing, I think I bumped into the bewares part of this site as well as other helpful sites like P&E.

I only really started becoming a little more active here recently.

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.

Well after querying the heck out of every YA agent that took emails, I got desperate one day and looked for some publishers who would take email queries (yes I was being lazy). A site with "reputable publishers" listed three that I queried. One of those responded and asked for my manuscript. After searching the site of teh publisher in question, I sent it. I never heard from him again. It has been four months. Immediately after sending my work to the person, I felt nervous. I did an internet search and stumbled across an AW thread about this person/publisher. After reading about the person I decided I would not sign a contract with him if he offered one. I continued to try my futile querying campaign with agents for several more months. I then gave up for a few months. When I started researching the publishing process again I came across this same site. I somehow knew, this time around, that this place was going to help me. I thank everyone involved in the maintenance of AW.

Loves blue jeans and irony. Ratiekae's Avatar
    I learned about AW from my mom, who is also on AW. And....that's about it.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom." -Marvin the Martian

Don't tell me that's what she said. She said nothing of the sort.

I want my two dollars!

Snoopy wins. The End. Good Story.

Page 58 of 135 FirstFirst ... 83348525354555657585960616263646883108133 ... LastLast