Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32843474849505152535455565758596378103128 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3333

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

Asked around on Yahoo! answers and this place was suggested at the place to be
    *) Slam Shut: DAN
    ...) WORLD'S GREATEST EVERYTHING
    (. (_.*

Like Kerr the Able said to the boy that asked "What's another word for a book of synonyms?" "Use thy Thesaurus."

One great resource.... http://www.bartleby.com/141/

Tough-skinned Newbie
    I've learned to look here for warnings before querying publishers and agents that don't sound quite right to me. Then it finally dawned on me that I should actually JOIN the community. I'm a little slow sometimes. Heh.

I googled a company I was about to submit my poetry to and the first result was a thread from this forum saying it was a scam, so out of gratitude and intrigue I joined this site
    "But let all those that put their trust in Thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them: let them also that love Thy name be joyful in Thee."~Psalms 5:11 ♥

Co-Queen of Chocolate Fairies- by Susie

Got Thankfulness?

Got A Prayer Request?

Remember The 4th

After seeing AWC links in the results of several Google searches on publishing topics, I thought it would be a good idea to join.

imseriouslyawesome

Like many others, I found this site ..

through googling and massive space trails, looking for a good writing website/forum and came here!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    hi everyone...i found this web through google,i was googling for webs that would help me in writing or blogging and stuff cz i'm quite new to those...and i'm just so glad that i joined this...

practical experience, FTW JoshW's Avatar
    I found this site a few times just by Googling stuff about writing. I eventually decided to sign up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreez View Post
    Asked around on Yahoo! answers and this place was suggested at the place to be
    Did a google search that happened to turn up what I suspect was your Yahoo! answers thread.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Tyros's Avatar
    My girlfriend found it and sent it to me, knowing it might me as a writer, while randomly surfing the web at some point. n.n

- Tyros

I was reading agent and editor blogs and one of them mentioned this site as reputable.

Nothin' much to say... drksideofthemoon's Avatar
    East of the sunset and west of the moon rise...
    From a link posted on another board.

I googled and agent who had asked me for a full ms and it lead me here. I wish I'd have found it sooner.

practical experience, FTW giusti's Avatar
    I was parading atop the hills of Ireland, in my armour with my lance at my side, waiting for a dragon to appear from round the bend. But lo and behold, what I thought be a dragon was just the tip of a water cooler, tempting me with its cool mist and urging me to talk about my fellow coworkers whilst drinking from its flow.

Oh, wait. Nevermind, it was google.

-giusti

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin writerchick1345's Avatar
    I was reading about Hannah Moskowitz, somehow I found out she used this website so I decided to check it out also. :-)

I found this site via good ol' Google. Sorry, not much excitement in that huh?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin 19ana61's Avatar
    By accident while surfing for writing tips and support! Out of many of the sites I have visited I am, thus far, finding this an excellent source of information, support, and encouragement!

I found it using answers.yahoo, while searching for help on publishing. The person who gave a really eloquent and helpful answer provided this wonderful website.

Banned
    I've always been here.

figuring it all out
    My husband found it for me. I'm verrrry new to the web.

My sister told me about the site and as I have a few short stories finished and a novel about 1/3 written it seemed a good place to check out.
    This space accidentally left blank
    Low Light Images - Unique images on good stuff!

I after this site after someone on Yahoo Answers told me to come here.
    Psalm 34:10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.
    http://www.facebook.com/TheWorldNeedsPrayers

practical experience, FTW JoleaB's Avatar

Talking

I found this site while googling for info on a few literary agents. Because of the responses on these forums, I discovered an agent I probably shouldn't bother with and another who might be a good bet.

As you may be able to tell, I'm sending out query letters for my book and doing some agent research as I go.

Thanks to all for the excellent help (in advance!)

jbh

I found it while looking for a list of literary agent ... which delivered me to a self publish area ... which delivered me here. Hope I can find my way back home for dinnertime? :-D lol

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin eric's Avatar
    I found it on this site http://www.thewriterssite.com/

Like New, No Refunds Mo Morosco's Avatar
    I was surfing around the net and trying to find literary agencies and I came across this forum.
    So I says to myself I says "Self (I refer to myself as self, not Mo), wouldn't it behoove you, a writer just starting out in a literary realm to acquaint yourselves with other writers?"

Behoove. There's a $5 word.

Anywho, it looked like a great place to get to know people and to have possible questions answered or dilemnas resolved.

Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32843474849505152535455565758596378103128 ... LastLast