How'd You Find This Site?

Linnea4

Registered
Reaction score
sucking stab wounds

I was searching for the survival rates and recovery time for stab wounds that puncture lungs, and the forums came up. Liked what I saw.

Lin

AliceWrites

Writing jazz
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching on google for 'novel writing', not quite knowing what I'd find (more like procastinating as only a novel writer can!)

Anyway, this site was about the first link that came up on the list. What a fantastic find. :)

KGMadMan

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site doing a Google search for "InkTip Sucks" (I find the best company feedback by searching "X Sucks"). I found the epic InkTip thread and found it useful and amusing. I'm still lurking though.

MrMarshmallow

Registered
Reaction score
Having trouble finding a good summer job, I finally just typed "writers needed" into google. Up popped this, which looks to be a nice writing site as well as having a place where I might be able to earn a few bucks.

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
I started out at querytracker.net and some people were talking about Absolute Write in the forum, so I came over to check it out.

It was pretty overwhelming at first -- so many threads, so many topics ...

P.S. KG Madman I love this tip -- "I find the best company feedback by searching 'X Sucks' "

Shameless Doll

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a site with better quality than fictionpress. You know, quality > quantity.

I found an answered yahoo question so here I am!

M.I.Key

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling an agent to whom I will offer the privilege of rejecting my recently completed Episcopalian mystery. Here I am.

storylady

Registered
Reaction score
I am new here and came across this site by accident. I was researching how to get a book published and came across this forum. I really like it so far & everyone seems very nice.

raymond

Registered
Reaction score
It was recommended by a friend, user name-Penny Manning, and she said the guys here were direct, don't mince words. Hope so.

Leigh

Registered
Reaction score
I learned about it at the La Jolla Writer's Conference in September 2008. That was another great place to learn!

katiemouse

Registered
Reaction score
Asked a friend in the UK about Athena Publishing and he said a big NO and pointed me here

kangolNcurlz

Registered
Reaction score
I found it by way of someone posting it in some literary agent's blog comments.

AHJennings

Registered
Reaction score
I found this forum when I was trying to figure out how long a novel outline should be when the agent doesn't specify a length. Stumbled onto the forum where I saw my question answered, and a lot of good answers to questions I hadn't thought of yet. Happy to be here.

J. M. Hunter

Registered
Reaction score
Google

Every time I googled an agent who requested a sample of the book I was working on, I would get this site in my list of results and I could get instant feedback on who was who and what they were all about. After browsing around for a couple of months, I finally decided to join, mainly to meet other writers who are going through the process. After graduation, I realized that where I live is a bit of a creative "dead zone," or at least there are very limited outlets of creativity. The people who post to this board sound like a creative, intelligent, well-spoken bunch.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually directed here by someone who uses these boards when they answered a question of mine on Yahoo!Answers.

ScarlettAva

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I asked a question about agents on Yahoo Answers and was refered here by someone who answered it. He gave me sound advice about avoiding scams and refered me to this website. His name on YA was Blackcat. When I got here I realised I already stumbled across it the other day when I was researching a literary agency Raiders or something like that. But it was only today that I registered here.

jinap

Aspiring Tree-Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I found out from Writer Beware and numerous other writing/agent/editor blogs where Absolute Write was mentioned as a good resource for writers.

Aeroud

Registered
Reaction score
I did it the old fashioned way. I GOOGLED a topic of interest. Beta Readers. I have a dire need for one or a couple BETA Reader(s).

Last edited: