How'd You Find This Site?

live4today

Registered
Reaction score
I was lead to the Absolute Write website by taking two writing classes taught by Eva Shaw, and found the Forums from the home page. :)

Denise

Rose Red

Registered
Reaction score
Website
themegaphone.net
I had to cast my mind back there to answer that,

because once I arrived here, I became so immersed in the threads that I'd forgotten why I was here in the first place, and had to look again this morning for it, lol. :D

I was searching for details on an agency that I'd submitted to. Boy, am I glad I found this place, since the agency unfortunately doesn't sound too promising. Better to find out now than later though, eh?

Marisa Louise

Nobody knows...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I found out about this site and these boards when Jenna joined a Céline Dion online community that I am a part of. I've been reading the newsletters for a while now. I'm happy to finally be here, and I'm sure that I'll enjoy it. :)

Eveningsdawn

Just Sing.
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by patient direction from my friend who is also here. Uh... black winged fighter, I believe is her name here.

Arkie

a reader's ear and a writer's heart
Registered
Reaction score
I had been published by PA for several months and was on their boards, when one of their authors kept coming on the boards warning about PA "bashers."

The "basher" site was never identified, but several PA authors talked about it in their posts and I first thought they were talking about Predators & Editors, but then the post language did not match what I was finding on the P&E board. Finally, I discovered about three months ago that the primary "basher" site for PA was AW.

It is ironic, that the PA author, who was warning everyone about AW in an abstract way, is the one person, who drew attention to AW and is primarily responsible for me coming here, and I suspect other PA authors as well.

Bout2givUp

so you want to know how I found this place

It was a most discouraging scene,why with my best computer in the shop,and a new one not doing so keen.
So out I went in a hurried pace looking for another to the new one replace.
Once found,and taken home hooked up,and online I wondered,and I wandered til by accident I found writers,and more on a site I had never seen before...oh my!
Then engaging them I found writers in mass, nay! in legions they fell.
All as I,and all others to looking for a place to their work sell.
Alas,I see tis a twisted maze!
I must be in my sepulcher in hell.
Uhhh thats how I found the site-luck.
:crazy:

Marisa Louise

Nobody knows...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Bout2givUp said:
It was a most discouraging scene,why with my best computer in the shop,and a new one not doing so keen.
So out I went in a hurried pace looking for another to the new one replace.
Once found,and taken home hooked up,and online I wondered,and I wandered til by accident I found writers,and more on a site I had never seen before...oh my!
Then engaging them I found writers in mass, nay! in legions they fell.
All as I,and all others to looking for a place to their work sell.
Alas,I see tis a twisted maze!
I must be in my sepulcher in hell.
Uhhh thats how I found the site-luck.
:crazy:

:Jaw: One day I WILL have the confidence to come as a newbie and post something like that! WOW. Too cool!

Bout2givUp

Grasshopper the young dove does not think it acts

Seriously though who the hec is a newbie?
I was a member at the old site,and to call someone my age a newbie is uhhhmm
interesting.
Nawww it aint' it's:crazy:

all the best

JoniBGoode

Registered
Reaction score
Google

Like many, I googled something with literary agent in it and the Uncle Jim thread came up. Then I wandered over to PA and read about Atlanta Nights, and the rest was history.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from a link provided by someone at IMDb's Shop Talk Writers board, which is for screenwriters. I'd gone there to inquire about plays and never got away, even though I have no plan to write a screenplay. (They so desperately need people who instruct on grammar and punctuation basics.)

The person who provided the link to AW isn't here any more--but I'm glad I am.

Maryn, who doesn't tell most of the IMDb people this place exists

Last edited:

sonia

Registered
Reaction score
I found this through the AW news letter.

sonia

Barb

Registered
Reaction score
I followed the link on another writer's board to a thread on this site and found it interesting, so I decided to stick around.

rosebutterfly

Hi

I was searching for info to see if The Children's Literary Agency was legit.
I found my answer and decieded to stick around.:Coffee:

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
I can't remember... I was on the old board as well, but I didn't do much more than lurk there.

I think I came across from the speculations rumormill, following a link or a post there to the old board, and then from there to here. And I never posted into the Newbie forum until now :)

Sara Rachael Hope

Just an (aka) alias!
Registered
Reaction score
I Hate To Admit IT!

I read a post on the PA message board that was posted by another PublishAmerica author, and found it.
Will miracles ever cease?!!!!
I'm eternally grateful!

McCann

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine basically brow beat me into joining. hehee

At first, I barely looked at any threads, but I have recently spent more time here. I am such a pathetic newby that I barely can get anything written.

I blame my ADHD for my current problem:I can't finish anything.

Two paragraphs in, I want to go back and edit. Then I think about a different story and work on it. Even with my ritalin, I don't get very far.
I have started working a bit more. I'm trying to set a set amount of time each day to writing, even if it doesn't get much accomplished. I need to get myself trained to work.

Ooooo Half-Life, I haven't played that in a while...

Lucky Penny

Been gone WAY too long!
Registered
Reaction score
I used yahoo search for writer's message board....I looked at several different boards before joining this one. I like the set up, the large selection of topics and the fact that it's very active. There are too many boards that are 'dead.'

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
McCann said:
I blame my ADHD for my current problem:I can't finish anything.

Two paragraphs in, I want to go back and edit. Then I think about a different story and work on it. Even with my ritalin, I don't get very far.
I have started working a bit more. I'm trying to set a set amount of time each day to writing, even if it doesn't get much accomplished. I need to get myself trained to work.

Ooooo Half-Life, I haven't played that in a while...

Um, hate to tell you, that's not from ADHD. I have a cardboard box in my basement and a milk crate under my desk, both of which I'm fairly certain are full of beginnings. I haven't looked at them in a few years, so I can't really tell you for certain. Basically, I'm saying, this is perfectly normal.

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
oh yeah--and, Lori, how IS TBWN? Now that school's out, and all?

<G>