How'd You Find This Site?

Reaction score
Italics

I was tearing my hair out from several hours of googling information about underlining text to indicate italics in a manuscript when Absolute Write popped up. I looked at the site, still didn't find the answer to my question, saw a forum link and thought, "why not? Surely someone there will be able to answer my question." And here I am.

So, Ambrosia did you find the answer to your question?
I thort about this for some time, I was thinking that it may well depend on what word processor you are using, does this make any sense to you?

Geraint

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted an excerpt of my work to a local writers' group as an "audition piece", hoping to join them. And would you believe it, they rejected me and tried to palm me off on to some poxy website instead! Just a cheap way of salving their conscience after rejecting me, I reckoned. After a few days grumbling and bad-mouthing them in my head, I had a quick look at this Absolute Write thing they'd suggested. And I haven't looked back! This is an excellent site. Much better than belonging to a writers' group...

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a search on information on Publish America--this was just after I had found out about their scam--and foud a thread that talked about it, and found out about AW. I came back a few times before I joined, since I did need advise, anyway.

Lilith70

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.normalityfactor.com
I did a google search yesterday on how to heal a punctured lung with comparatively primitive medicine, and then I felled in lorb. But I didn't join then.

I decided to do that today when I was mapping out titles for a series, and I figured, who better to find snippets and phrases than a bunch of writers who actually... you know... write.

CrownedSun

Sun in Shadow
Registered
Reaction score
A friend was showing me all the google search sites she'd found with "Freelance Writing Jobs" as the search terms, I fell into a blog called Freelance Writing Jobs and read it for a bit until I eventually found a link in one of the posts to the Absolute Write page and its forum.

Jolie Amor

Registered
Reaction score
I was researching if authorhouse.com was legit and someone on yahoo answers said check this site out for reviews....

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for query letter help and manuscript formatting, and kept finding at the top of the heap of sites was this place called "Absolute Write." With a 12K dialup, I don't float around too much so I kept ignoring it. Finally, just to satisfy my curiosity, I clicked on the link to query hell.

SpencerB

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy!
I found this website while looking up background info on a couple literary agencies. The information I received was useful, so I thought "Why not join?"

Hopefully I will be as much use to you all as you have been to me.

maxie

Registered
Reaction score
I googled script writing chat rooms and found this interesting place. Never been on a chat room or posted anything before.

LibrarianInTraining

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for information on ICL when this link popped up in Google with a long thread about the school and a lot of other information I was looking for.

MCWilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mythania.com
As with many of the answers here, I was doing a web search for writer's forums, specifically with active forums on fantasy writing, and found several recommended links to AbsoluteWriter. Looks like this is a pretty active board, so I must say I'm pretty excited.

TRINITY225

Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to find active screenwriting communities in google and came across a list of site which included this one.

Hesperides

Bloody love
Registered
Reaction score
My friends wanted to gouge my eyeballs out with all the opinions and questions I had for them, so I decided to find a forum. Google was the middle man.

cptwentworth

Did you hear that?!?
Registered
Reaction score
Searching for lit agencies and query information, everything I was looking for kept popping up on this site. I'm so glad I found you...

kilana

Registered
Reaction score
I found this website through a Google Search for free online writing Groups.