Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 183337383940414243444546474849536893118 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3333

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

Smile How I found this site

I found this site about a year ago when I was dealing with the publishamerica hoax. I have since wrote a fantasy book and I am working on getting that published. Well trying to get a literary agent. I love this site because it has everything on it that a person needs.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin starrynight's Avatar
    Someone at a Deadly Prose mystery/suspense forum posted looking for a critique group, as that site had been dead for about a year. Absolute write was mentioned...I belong to a few critique groups, but really longed for one which was devoted to just mystery and suspense. I literally cannot read any more fantasy in this lifetime I tried to start one, too, but that was a dud. I am very happy to have stumbled in here.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Jeanettex3's Avatar
    I came across this site when trying to find something out about "Character Synopsis". And im highly glad that i found it, hopefully now i can get some advice.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I found the site through a SumbleUpon entry on PublishAmerica.

practical experience, FTW AmusingMuse's Avatar
    Found this site after researching an agency that turned out to be a scam. Then I found Preditors and Editors and they referred to this site, not being a preditor nor an editor but a great site. :S Now, you are all stuck with me and endless torture sessions of pointless readings. But alas, I am here. Lucky you!

Writer
    I found this site by Google search for "Writers Forum"
    I think it is the BEST forum for writers. Ever.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin En-En-chan's Avatar
    I was looking for a beta to go over my work, and this was the second one, after perfectimagination[dot]co[dot]uk. I wonder if anyone else goes there?...

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin SaraElizabeth's Avatar
    my friend told me about the poetry section! she likes to browse here although i don't believe she is a member or actually posts
    what makes people love? common connections sudden attraction, what causes a sudden rush of feeling? how do you define love? sometimes you get so caught up in the why that you don't always appreciate the now. what do you call love? the varying types of love all have one name, how can you classify the thousands of categories if everything is just love? does it demean the word, take away its importance? how can something so powerful be spelled in four letters?

ELMontague
    The honest answer is dumb luck.

JA Konrath pointed me this way. Nice Guy he is.
    Basil Sands
    www.basilsands.com

Looking for a high action thrill? Download my free podcast novels .

Who Dares, Wins

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin hmcalendin's Avatar

Smile

I was invited by Lorlei. She and I are members on another board. She has watched my struggle with Publish America and suggested I come here to network. (and vent! LOL)

I am glad I did.
    Respectfully,
    Heather McAlendin
    http://mcalendin.com

My good friend Google led me here.
    "There is only one basic human right: the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty: the duty to take the consequences."
    -P. J. O'Rourke

practical experience, FTW ABekah's Avatar
    Currently? Walks over to check address book...Maryland.
    I've been searching the web for writing advice for a while. Googled writers forums, and after lots of lurking, decided this was the most comprehensive and easiest to use sites.

practical experience, FTW angelgirl's Avatar
    I followed a link from a Craigslist posting - so glad I did!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin blakesmommy21's Avatar
    I found a link to this forum on an eHow article about freelance writing and I'm so glad I found this place!

Looking for a publisher on P&E - found AW (and a potential publisher)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin partmadman's Avatar
    Fate

figuring it all out CR.Casanova's Avatar
    Google. I was searching some information on writing, and this forum popped up on my screen *o*
    "The secret of flight is this: you have to do it immediately, before your body realizes it is defying the laws."
    Michael Cunningham

WIP:The Artifice Painter Outlining.

You know that is a really good question, but I really don't know. I was trying to find help and this was the site that sounded the most promising and newbie friendly.

Came across the site when researching an agent who has shown interest in my query letter & first chapters. She's not a scam, apparently, but neither does she sound like she's appropriate. Drat, and thanks. I've now been glued in fascination to the site for 2 hours and simply must start doing the things I should have started doing back then. I'll be back and around...

bohololita
    I went to 'ask jeeves' (or whatever that search engine is now called) randomly typed in "broke need agent publish book money help" and got this. I stalked a couple of days *coughweekscough* then took the time to register since I figured out I couldn't live without this site. hehe

I got the link from someone who may have saved me from making a huge mistake with PA.

Listening to the Voices In My Head Satori1977's Avatar
    I am a member of WAHM (work at home mothers) online and they have a seperate writing part of their forums. Mostly nonfiction, articles, blogs, etc. Not really my thing, but I tried it for awhile because I have to write. I asked about tips for writing novels, getting published, etc., and got some rude responses. "Well we all want to write books, but it is near impossible to do so". After half a dozen such responses, I was pretty dejected, and was going to do some of my own research when a member gave me several awesome links...including Absolute Write. It was only recently that I noticed the forums, and I am so glad I did! I have never seen such a wonderful and helpful website. I know that it is possible, but like anything else it life, you have to be determined and work hard for it.
    Rejection isn't failure. Failure is giving up. Everybody gets rejected, it's how you handle it that determines where you will end up.

Richard Castle

practical experience, FTW Rena316's Avatar
    I was searching for information on an agent at Writers House and the blog showed up in my search. When I searched the site, I was amazed at the resources available for writers.

Rena

I found this site on Write4Kids.com. I agree with you, it has all sorts of info and encouragement for new and seasoned writers.

Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 183337383940414243444546474849536893118 ... LastLast