practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I did a Google search for Writers Forums

Phaedo

a non sequitur
Registered
Reaction score
Googled copyright, found some forum on every damn thing, don't remember, but that forum linked me here. And it seems like I am stuck in this place forever now.

SherriC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sherricornelius.com
Had a friend who mentioned AW all the time. I visited about a year ago but was focused on something else at the time, so it didn't stick. I think it stuck this time. It's a great resource!

Boomergirl

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for an agent's website and got directed to this board. Quite the lucky stumble, IMO :)

hlcorbin

cant stop the voices
Registered
Reaction score
I was so so close to signing with publishamerica and then it came to me that i should probably check up on them...and i found this website, without which i would be oh-so lost.

Cory Emberson

Registered
Reaction score
I found AW by looking up a lit agent located in Utah. He got a good review here, which was a relief, and I got hooked reading the PA thread. Several years ago, one of the first-time authors whose manuscript I proofread and lightly edited went with PA. Ironically, it was one of the best manuscripts I'd ever worked on. Good writing, compelling characters - I even thought about them after I wasn't reading about them. She's a real talent. I wonder how the book is selling. (I have to say the cover art was very good, and matched the mental images I formed while immersed in the story.)

I wonder how they're treating her.

Anyway - I'm hooked! This has been an excellent resource and community - thank you!

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
I googled something about writing and this forum came up

XX

Donkey

Registered
Reaction score
I went looking for it. Now that I found it, I can't get any work done. Now I have to find a site about how to break away from discussion forum surfing. :Shrug:

Ciera_

Nathan Bransford's site has a link to here under 'writer's resources' or something. (BTW, if you haven't checked out his blog, I STRONGLY recommend it. It probably quadrupled the chances of my query catching an agent's eye. Plus it's a funny and enjoyable blog to read^^)

Sam U Elle

Registered
Reaction score
A friend, who is already an AW member directed me to this site...I love it here!
I've only been a member for 5 or 6 days, and I'm soooo totally hooked.

I have developed a problem though....I am constantly on this site, reading as much as I can; however, work on my desk is starting to pile up, I need an AW support group on how to divide my time between actually working and surfing AW. :D

Sam U. Elle

SLThomas

Registered
Reaction score
Can't recall

I don't even remember how I found this site. Actually, I think that it was two years ago. I registered under another name, never posted, forgot what was the name and p-word. I didn't lurk for a while, but came back a month ago.

Registered a few days ago, and voilà!

S-L

wordyone

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.creativityarticles.com
I kind of hang around (I do log in sometimes) the copywriting section of an SEO forum and somebody there mentioned it. It's now on my `freelance writing opportunities' bookmarks or favorites.
It's a good idea to have a separate bookmarks\favorites folder for possible markets. I know that this forum isn't strictly speaking a market, but in my limited experience forums do tend to be markets, or rather they can lead to markets.

MROB

Registered
Reaction score
I have no friends and needed some so I typed "lonely people looking for friends" in my google bar and this popped up.

Just kidding. I was researching an agency that I learned to be a scam after reading a thread here. BUMMER.

justint89

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I found Absolutewrite.com

I asked a question on yahoo.answers.com about advice on starting a memoir. One of the answers pointed me to this site.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I found it on the Writer's Digest list of 100 Best Sites for Writers or whatever it was.