How'd You Find This Site?

circlexranch

Terri Coop has been known to write
Registered
Reaction score
Website
readinrittinrhetoric.blogspot.com
Was brought here originally while researching . . . ::cough:: . . . Publish America. Thanks to AW and all the fine folks at P&E and the greatest non-book of all time "Atlanta Nights" I ran screaming like a little girl away from the PA website.

I've been an on and off lurker since then but decided to sign up in hopes of breaking up a writer's block that makes the Titanic iceberg look like an ice cube floating in a paper cup of Pepsi.

ImperialJedi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Brand new here! I was having difficulty describing a facial expression one of my characters was making, so I looked it up on Google and found a link to a very helpful thread here. Thank you! :D

-IJedi

ramiah

Registered
Reaction score
A friend from my weekly writing group brought me on board. :D I'm glad to have joined you all and look forward to spending some time here!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I don't quite remember how I found it. I know it was about the same time that I found P&E. I was doing research on PA and found P&E. That's probably where I found AW too.... :Shrug:

Loretta

Registered
Reaction score
How did you find this site?

I honestly can't remember anymore....but it's well known...I first heard about it when I was living overseas....I "think" I was looking for an agent to submit my work to.....

I am glad I found it, however it happened...it's a Godsend:)

Loretta

Registered
Reaction score
How did you find this site?

I don't quite remember how I found it. I know it was about the same time that I found P&E. I was doing research on PA and found P&E. That's probably where I found AW too.... :Shrug:

I loved the quote from Ray Bradbury....well actually, I loved all of them:) But, I have discovered that when you let the writing take you....the reality you may be in at the moment, recedes....and in some situations that's an excellent thing....

Verse_Artiste

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I found the site when seeking info about WLA after receiving their "offer" of a contract and referral for editing. The comments on here and Writer Beware saved me from being scammed.

grady bryant

Registered
Reaction score
need help

has anyone out there heard of comfort publishing. need some help.

Last edited:

Loretta

Registered
Reaction score

Of course referring to the Writer's Market is always a good place to begin, but after looking at their site, they are asking for various types of payment for editing....that's an eyebrow raiser.....

I actually know nothing about them other than what I quickly read on their site...what type of material are you considering submitting?

Ms. Jem

Love, Lust and Ghosts
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danitaminnis.com
I came across a link some time ago on this site to the 'worst publishers.' I don't know if comfort is on it, but you might want to look there. You can also go into the bewares and background check section of this site and see if anyone there has something that can help you.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had the book "Your First Novel" delivered and there are loads of links given, this was the one that caught my eye first.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I... can't remember.

sapphire41026

Registered
Reaction score
Kaleb Nation told me about this site and how it was a huge help to him, so I took his advice and just got my account. =]

upsidedowngrl

Noelle Nolan
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All -

I actually found this site from a best friend of mine. She has been on here for a long time and yesterday she sent me the link and I signed up. So far I love it here. I've been on Absolute Write pretty much all day, just checking out the surroundings and reading some really great posts.

Great to be here.

Thanks,

UpSideDownGrl

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to think it was via the Bewares pages. I know early on I was addicted to reading them.

Cufflink

Registered
Reaction score
Someone let it slip on CL LitFo. Seems to be a whole lot of potential to learn some things here.