How'd You Find This Site?

Aubergine

Registered
Reaction score
I started a thread on another site asking "what other forums do you belong to and why". I then went searching for the most popular sites on line. Sad to say you weren't first, but when I came across you I was thrilled. And here I am.

creamofmushroom

>_<
Registered
Reaction score
came up as a google search result - dont remember what i was searching for tho

Michael Parks

In the moment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelparks.info
The gods guided me.

No really, someone (a Brit, I believe) pointed me in this direction. For the life of me I can't recall who or how it came up. It may have been during a research binge, where I'd sent out questions and mentioned it being for a book.

The fellow said it was one of the best sites on the net, and I'm in agreement now.

goldenquince

Registered
Reaction score
google search "writing exercises killing someone"...and incidentally the thread that I was directed to was a big help.

J.T.

Registered
Reaction score
How I found this site

I found this site searching the Predators and editors. Some agents connected right to this site. Thanks for being here. I'm almost finished my short story novel. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can post some of the stories for review on AW?

J.T.

Powerful People: Powerful Lives

Egg

Registered
Reaction score
Google result.

Hi, everybody! Glad to be here!

Cassie

I can't get no, oh no no no.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cassiesperfectwordblog.typepad.com
Hi all. I'm an old (former) newbie, come back to the fold! I checked my User CP and realized it's been almost a year since I've been here.

Anyway, I'm still freelancing (copyediting, writing, proofreading, etc.), and I want to get back into "social networking" -- as I recall, this is a great place to do just that!

This is where I was advised that EFA was a legitimate professional association. And thanks to those of you who did recommend that organization! Now, I'm back with another question: What do you know about ACES (American Copy Editors Society)?

I may end up posting this query in another thread ...

But I just wanted to say "hi" again, and I'm glad to be back!

Cassie

Ivy J.

Registered
Reaction score
I actually found this place while doing some research. Got linked to a thread in the researchers forum that helped, although wasn't quite what I was looking for. This place is great, though. :D

Phot's Moll

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for potential markets in Google and saw there were some mentioned here.

Robert T. Knight

Registered
Reaction score
I was checking agents' backgrounds via Google and ran across this site :) Helped me on more than one occasion!

Makai_Lightning

Love Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from just clicking a link I saw somewhere else, but I thought this would be fun to mention.

In my screenwriting class, the syllabus the professor handed out had links to different useful sites, and I saw absolutewrite.com on there. The list had 27 sites and an invitation to suggest more. So if I hadn't found this site already, I would have probably run into it again anyway. Just felt like sharing.

roseangel

Crazy Young Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I found it while running a search for poetry.com, found p&e and writers beware that way too.