How'd You Find This Site?

Qui

Registered
Reaction score
A member of this forum, Eveningsdawn, posted some of her excellent poetry and a link to this site on another forum that I frequent.

Blue_kite

How'd you find this site?

It was recommended by a friend - the first time I browsed around I felt overwhelmed. So many writers - so many threads - so little time. I have come back and am still amazed and grateful for all the talented people on it - but still overwhelmed. I look forward to feeling braver!

swove

Registered
Reaction score
Actually I found this well informed group from a link when I was visiting the Piers Anthony website I was on a different site prior to this one, I have just found this site to be fillled with very well informed authors aspiring authors and many very informed people

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
I was Googling for a writers forum and I didnt find this one! :Shrug:

I did find one called writingforums dot org (Crickets and snoring over there.) and somewhere on there found a link to a topic over here. :hooray:

I have been reading here for a while (So much so my wife came snooping what I was reading, fearing the worst.) but have not been able to post due to AOL not letting the activation email through. Today I was itching for some advice so I sought out and emailed the lady who owns the forum and she activated me in moments.

So be prepared for some daft rookie questions!

So the purpose of my being here; I have almost finished writing a book on how to navigate the minefield involved in meeting and marrying a Russian woman. An attempt to de-mystify what the media refers to as mail order brides. (Which actually couldnt be further from the truth.)

I am married to a Russian lady, we have a small introduction/translation/telephone services agency website also. In addition to which, I am one of the moderators on one of the big US owned Russian women advice forums.

So I decided to go the Lulu route, publish the book and market it by the means that are available to me in addition to the conventional channels. If I am allowed to link drop, the new website is at RussianWomenBook.com and I am very happy to be here and learn from you folks.

Last edited:

lympha

Registered
Reaction score
Basically, I typed 'cliches in fantasy' on google, and a thread in this forum appeared. I am very glad. As usual, I found this when I needed it... :)

mada

Getting back in the groove
Registered
Reaction score
Is it bad if I can't remember? I have no clue how I woke up here!

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Around early November, I was googling for serious info about RDR Books and the Harry Potter Lexicon infringement case, and Absolute Write came up.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I found the link on Melanie's blog (the AW member who is spending a year in Mexico)

mooh

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I am also a newy. I asked a question on Yahoo Answers and someone suggested this place. Now i am hooked.

kristinanikole

Hi! Good question. The funny thing is, I just found this site about 20 minutes ago and I have no idea how! I had a whole bunch of pages open on my browser, and this ended up being one of them... I must have somehow clicked on a link without knowing it, but I'm glad I did!

Chickenscratch

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling a question about how long my novel should be and found a thread on manuscript submitting that was super-helpful. Now it's readable in da courier. And now I'm thinking in pages instead of words so that's helped my OCD issue. 2 pages sounds more doable than 500 words.

Briank60

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site completely by accident when looking for something I had saved in my favorites to put as a link on my website and I came across something else I had saved about a dispicable person who passes himself off as an agent and I wanted to comment on it, because I was a victim (stupidly, now that I think about it). Am I rambling? I do that! Anyway, before I could do that, I had t register and then I got linked all over this site. My website is, for those interested is www.mightierthanthepenthenovel.com I have a blog page and a couple of dropdowns from there, as well as some info on my novel, on me, and whatnot... especially whatnot.

Briank60

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, darn it, I meant to ask how to get my own picture posted as my avatar. Can anyone help? I didn't see a browse button for avatar updating, unless I missed it. Which is likely. Thanks!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
hey brian, i copied/pasted this from the faq section for you....

-----
How do I add a custom title under my name in my posts?
On Absolute Write, if you've made at least 50 points and have a reputation score of 10 or more, you'll become a "Super Member" and be able to have your own custom title and avatar, and you can add events to the calendar.
------
How do I get a picture under my username?
These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself.

If the administrator has provided a set of avatars, and avatars are enabled, you may select an avatar that best describes your personality.

At Absolute Write, we've also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer once you become a "Super Member" (you need to have posted 50 times and have a reputation score of 10 or more).

For more information about avatars, click here