How'd You Find This Site?

HopelessDreamer

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching to see if certain agents were legit and the Bewares and Background Checks came up on Google. After using this site to check a number of agents, I looked at the other threads and found that I really liked it.

EvilDanger

I just joined the forum about *checks watch* 3 seconds ago.

I've finally decided to look into an agent, thinking I'm 'near' ready to go (no one gets published immediately!), and should find one with the material I have, so I can find out if I'm terrible or not.

Found a place called 'writers.net' which had a nifty link for agents!

Checked the one that showed up FIRST...put their name into Google.

And wouldn't you know it, a link to HERE showed up warning me away from them. After less than a page of reading, I realized WHY you warned people away.

Then I saw this thread. So I joined, and posted. I know a great community when I see one!

dabsinfiction

Registered
Reaction score
I did a search on a literary agency one day and came up with AWC. I found it to be very informative. I've been published in anthologies and magazines, and a novel Spook Rock published in 2004. I self-published and found myself doing signings in upstate NY where my novel took place, and here in Maryland several times, including the 'grand opening' of our new library in Prince Frederick.

I have to thank AWC for all the help and guidance from the Moderators AND those who take the time to post. Let's face it, not everyone has the same idea of what's good and what's bad. So, reading posts here in regards to various subjects give us all an insight to weight good -v- bad.

Pasquale J Morrone/Dabsinficion

ArtLady

google search. what else is there.
glad i am here.
working on making this pic smaller but doesn't it look NICE.

HoosierRed

I knew about this site for awhile, now, but I finally decided to visit it after seeing it mentioned in the Writers Beware blog. Whoo -- glad I'm here!

Payson Dean

Emerging Dragon

I've been toiling alone in the bowels of the dungeon (not really, more like on the beach) and finally finished writing a novel, I had no idea of who, what, or where any support might be. So here I am...help!

onknees

I was searching on google for freelance writing blogs, forums, chat, groups and this site came up. I had not even started to look through Writers Digest 101 Best Writing Websites, but i noticed some people had mentioned they had seen it there.
Im excited to have found AW....
Annette

mydreamcmm

This is the first foreign forum I registered.
Finding a place to learn English is all I want,I chose this one among lots of forums because I love writting,too. Maybe more things I can gain here.
I am confident with my English performance in the future.But please forgive my poor words now.Thanks.

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
I've been lurking for months and finally bit the bullet and signed up. Not that it's a bad thing....but it is.....cus I should really be writing...

I'm currently editing and finishing my first novel length manuscript and am planning my second, so I'm constantly online looking for ideas on the industry and querying advice and general pep talks about writing.

Gwenddydd

I found this place from Google. I was looking for some help on writing a battle scene, and one of your threads was one of the first that popped up.

Florida Writer

I was doing a search on Writers House and found a link to one of your threads. It was great! Very helpful. I've been quietly cruising around since and this is my first post.

evilmoonking

My wonderful sister (Irishscribbler) introduced me to this site. I had an idea for a book and have no idea where to begin. this is a damn fine place to start.

acharity

fantabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
I got here through a Google search of the New York Literary Agency... well, that was enlightening, to say the least!

dabsinfiction

Registered
Reaction score
I also found the site from the Writer's Digest list of 101 Best Writing Websites, which has tons of good resources for writers.

-A

This is some great information. Anything to help the writer along is always welcome in my book. (pardon the pun)

Pat

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Found on Writers Digest 101 Best Sites and also on Writers Beware. Most happy I found it!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled into the PA thread when doing a standard google search for them. I thought their site sounded too good to be true. ;)

Glad I ended up here instead of there!

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
I found this site while browsing through a dairy post at the Daily Kos site. They were talking about indie publishing and this site came up, so I decided to check it out. ;)

carousel

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site via Google. And how do I find this site? It's brilliant. Thanks for asking! I have yet to discover all the rooms in this house, it's like living in a palace. So I may pop into the wrong rooms now and then, if so, please forgive me in advance.:flag:

sempervi

I was referred here by the wise and lovely Jones and Bennett, and thank goodness! This place makes the process SO much less intimidating. :)