How'd You Find This Site?

NormanL

How'd you find this site?

I do not know for sure but on the Yahoo! answers, I posted a question concerning the publishing of my manuscript and I asked about a company called Xilbris... a company that had contacted me.. That person and another also.. responded to stay away from them and they gave me this site.... but their strong advice was to stay away from Xilbris. Unfortunately, I am back to zero and do not know who to contact as I am afraid of spending money and getting nothing.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I was on P&E researching agents when I found this site. I have been lurking all winter and spring.At least I think lurking means reading without registering. I only registered just now and I am not certain that I am posting this correctly.

tpd

I was googling word counts per page and Absolute Write was the second or third link.

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Finding this site

Hi! I stumbled upon this site by accident. It's ok, I didn't break any bones.

Woof

Mana

My mum is also a member on here. Her name on here id Stylo. She was on here one day and I saw it and thought I'd join! :D

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No problems, Shakey. It's correct, and Welcome. :welcome:

Post something in the Newbie Forum and introduce yourself to the gang.

I was on P&E researching agents when I found this site. I have been lurking all winter and spring.At least I think lurking means reading without registering. I only registered just now and I am not certain that I am posting this correctly.

Legionsynch

Registered
Reaction score
Like all great ideas, this site came to me in a dream. I joined, and I've learned so much in reading from everyone else.

But seriously, I googled writing forums. And this was the first one that I stopped in at and was like 'hey wow, these people are awesome.'

Now it's just a matter of spending less time reading the forums, and more time working on the novel. ;)

Kiester

I love lamp.
Registered
Reaction score
I was learning in my college about Screenwriting, and Tim (my film tutor) was tellimg me about how this is the preferred medium for writers. I decided that I wanted to write screenplays.

I Google'd 'Script Writing Forum' and first result: AbsoluteWrite!

God, I Love You Google :)

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Read an article written by Jenna. Can't remember the article, but did a Yahoo search and found the site that was mentioned in the bio of her at the end of said article. I've been an addicted member now for 2 years.
Oh, and 'Jenna aritcles'? I STILL take her word as gospel..after all, I'm published now, aren't I? So she must be doing something *write*!

CoriSCapnSkip

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Recommended by a friend on the Abebooks Forum.

KayNat

Hello. I've had Absolute Write bookmarked for quite a while and only just got to poking around. If I remember right I followed a link here from Making Light.

Melanie Lane

Registered
Reaction score
I found it while ago when checking on the credibility of publishers and authors.

hazel_nut

Registered
Reaction score
new around here

hello everyone. i asked if anyone knew a place online i could go and get encouragment to keep writing. Someone gave me this link. i am taking a childrens lit. course and i am almost half way done and i am having trouble getting my assignments in on time. i kinda lose hope and focus. need alittle encouragment to keep going....

Lunamoth

I think I saw the site recommended at various "writerly advice" type blogs, etc and I started getting the emailed newsletter. Later, I decided to check out the forums.