How'd You Find This Site?

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
It feels like home

Me too Savannah. I learned of Absolute Write after I signed with PA. But now I've moved on I hope you are getting the chance to do the same. Any serious writer can do better than PublishAmerica, at least we know that now! :eek:

It feels like home here already, and the people here are one of a kind. Good luck!

RonPrice

Mr Ron Price
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ronpriceepoch.com
How I Found This Site

I was at your old site back in August of 2004. I've been travelling in distant galaxies but have returned to this earth site. This one is easier to negotiate. Thanks....I'll update my introduction/profile: Ron Price is a retired teacher, aged 70(in 2014). He taught for 32 years in primary, secondary and post-secondary schools, was a student for 18 years, a writer and editor for 16, and a Baha'i for 56(in 2015) He lives with his wife, Chris, in Tasmania. Their 3 children are now aged: 49,44 and 38.

Last edited:

Puddle Jumper

I was looking through ezboard one day for a board focused on writing and found the absolute write message board. Now it's moved here, so here I am. Woo. Woo Woo. Woo? YEA! :snoopy:

KellyS.

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to see where my book ranked among the PA books at amazon.com. Since you have to click page by page by page to find it, I tried a google trick. You put the name of the site + what you want to find there. It works. Thought it was a neat trick for sites without search or where you are forced to go through tons of pages.

I had put in amazon.com+PublishAmerica+my book name. I found this site towards the end of the page. Glad I did.

dichucks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dianestilwell.com
I made a drastic decision some months ago to leave my full time career and write novels. (drastic since I had nibbles from publishers but no bites. And since I live alone and support myself).

After about a month, I realized I had cut off all contact with the outside world, and needed some interaction. I initially went on a search for a chat room for writers. The search led me to the ezboard. I didn't interact much, but I sure felt the presence of others! :)

-di

stunner1

Another Message Board

I just found your site today while on another message board, writeforcash.org. My focus is primarily children's book, I currently have two in the submission process, and I have done some ewriting. Appreciate any advice!

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Good question. I had to think about it for a minute. I've been a member for a while (I started out under the screen name missluckypenny two or three years ago). At first, I lurked. Then I finally joined in. Sometimes I post a lot, other times, hardly at all.

Anyway, I can't remember if I was searching for poetry markets or greeting card markets, but the search brought me to Absolute Write.

rach337

Hi everyone, I found out about this site from the Absolute Write Newsletter. I just registered, and it looks like it's going to be a nice place to come to. Rachael

Denis Castellan

Excuse my French...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.majorden.com
Hello !

I was doing some Google searches (in French) to find some help on writing and couldn't find anything but some french-canadian sites dealing with non-fiction and manuscript format.

All the interesting (fiction) links in these sites pointed to english writing sites.

So I picked up a few writing-related expressions and words in English and Googled again. And I found AW through Uncle Jim's thread.

Voilà mon histoire ;)

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
I think it was a mistake...an especially fishy dude going under the guise of an eraser pointed me here ... I think.

or, it could be I clicked on a link from one of those pop-ups....nah

Trapped in amber

Registered
Reaction score
I know I'd spent ages looking for a writing forum I felt at home on before I came across AW. But it wasn't until after I stopped actively looking that I found it.

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I found absolute write when I did a search for writer' s websites. I've been cruising with AW since last July. Been very happy to be a part of the community. :) That first night I was on AW for two hours straight! The information was so great that I couldn't leave without exploring!! :)

cfk

This is my first post. Thought it appropriate to start here, at the beginning as it were. Found this site in an article in the Los Angeles Times about 10 days ago. Signed up for the newsletter the same day and just got around to registering for the boards today.

Colleen

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Google on PublishAmerica...a year ago

I found this site a long time ago, came and argued with Dave about PA for awhile, then left, signed with pa anyway...and here I am again, (not arguing with Dave this time).
It was on a search for publishers, and then Publishamerica.

LieselGarmach

Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly what it was I Googled, but I think it was "Writer's Message Forums" a few months ago. I've lurked around and finally registered last week, but this is my first post.

The PA threads have kept me so engrossed that I haven't done much looking around elsewhere yet! I suspect I will, though.

peer54

i rite gud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was playing on google, looking for information on the greeting card market.

dklein

I found it a few years ago, through fictionfactor.com, I think. I've made regular stops ever since, but this is the first time I've visited the forums.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
I think I found it a year and a half ago or so, when I was looking for excellent writing sites to bookmark and visit, to further my writing career. However, I often lurked more than posted; I think I was overwhelmed at the time. Now I see what a friendly and helpful place this is, and I am glad to be here! :)

Eowen

Registered
Reaction score
I found the Absolute Write main page as part of a search for articles about writing. One day, after I'd read through most of the articles and was somewhat bored, I decided to check out the forums.

After reading through a few places, I realized that this was the same board that has a link on Uncle Jim's homepage. Since I only own seven of his novels (still waiting for the next in the series to be published), I figured it was probably worth sticking around.

Eowen

Tagin

Found by chance through a search engine. It seems an interesting and friendly place so I registered.

Julian Black

Will Read Slush for Food.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianblack.blogspot.com
I googled for information on how to get published way back in August, and I've been lurking here ever since.

I bookmarked several writing- and publishing-related boards back then, and this is the only one I still return to on a regular basis. The level of civility and the quality of the information and discussions never cease to amaze me.