How'd You Find This Site?

J.S Greer

Feel the power!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Everytime I do research on a POd/Vanity/Self Publishing company,I always end up here.

For the record, I am not interested in any of those avenues. ;)

jester

Registered
Reaction score
New to the board

Hi there,
I am new to this board, and I too found it by accident. I am so glad I did. It's been such a wonderful source of knowledge. I live in an area that feels isolated from other writers, publishers, agents and in general anyone who might be able to help me should I need it. I think I will be here alot.

Jester

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking/looking around for the past few hours and just registered. Someone put a link here (the "delurk" thread) on rec.arts.sf.composition. The newsgroup looks nice enough, but I'm pretty much a complete noobie to writing fiction (or most anything other than Usenet/mailing list/forum posts), and this looks like it might be a better place to start out. Here I go...

ebrillblaiddes

Registered
Reaction score
StumbleUpon...that reminds me, I need to check and make sure I gave it a thumbs up, because to not do so would just be silly

Tanatra

Burning Bright
Registered
Reaction score
The stars at night, are big and bright...
I was researching Publish America (and realized what utter bilge that company is) when I came across this place. It seems like an outstanding resource for hopeful writers and I'm thankful that I found it.

creativemusings

Umm, I was skipping stones...

and fell in the pond, well i thought it was a pond, until i realized that i was falling deeper and deeper. then out of the corner of my eye i saw a large treasure chest, opened it and reached in....and once again i am falling and land here in the beware room ;-)

actually, i recently decided it was time to get back into writing...stopped many years ago due to having a family, then a career....decided to do some research on writing, editers, and such....and found this place.

love this place!!:hi:

Judge Patty

Looking for a new avenue.

Hello.
I found Absolute Write while researching for writing jobs online. I'm hoping to find a profitable way of making a living while still keeping my day job. I live in a fairly remote rural area, so easily returning to a regular office job is unlikely.
Does anyone have any sugesstions?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Judge! Welcome to AW.
Check out the Paying Markets forum a little further down the main page. Also look at the Freelancing forums at the top -
Did you sign up for the newsletter? Good stuff there, too. And the Premium Edition ... it's full of markets and an Absolute Bargain.

Cruise around and join in the fun & educational banter. You have questions? We have answers. :D

Judge Patty

Thanks, Unique, for the warm welcome and the info.
I spent about five hours looking around the Freelance forums until my eyes were crossed. You're right! Lots of good input to be found here. I'm going to enjoy AW.
Haven't signed up for the newletter as yet, didn't think about it until your suggestion. Thank you for reminding me. I think I'll go check out the Premium Edition and, as you put it, cruise around for awhile.

endless

Of course I'm listening....
Registered
Reaction score
Great. I really enjoy this site. :D

Actually, a friend found it and told me, so I noodled on over for a look-see and stayed. Now I live here.

JanW

Registered
Reaction score
Website
janwhitaker.com
Hi all. One of the members of Australian Writers Online listed AW as one of his recommendations for learning about publishing and agents. Little did I know it had an encyclopedia of everything else involved in writing, too! I've already posted a few questions and received good advice. I look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship.

Qugrainne

Happy new beginnings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
qugrainne.wordpress.com
I was looking for information on an agent, and stumbled upon Absolute Write. It looked complicated at first, but I think I have got the hang of it now. It is wonderful to feel part of a community; so much information at my fingertips! Thanks to all the generous writers out there. QuGrainne

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
I was referred here by another user.

Last edited:

theGreyShadowcat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fortlangley.ca
How I got here in 200 words or less...

Long, long ago in a reality far far away, I vowed I could write better than the author of a sword & sorcery that just didn't deliver (though it did a dandy job of shoring up the rickety bookcase). Two decades and change later, I have two completed novel-length stories and a third in progress. My first rejection, in 198?, was a poorly cut-out photocopied for, the last, in March '06, said, "We can only publish so many, sorry."

For Round 5, I decided to submit earlier in the year. In researching publishers who take email submissions, I found P&E. While researching the publishers found at P&E, by way of Google, specifically "Mundania Press", I found AW's "Bewares etc." thread about Mundania.

That was at about 11:30 this morning. It's now 4:52, and thus far, this place brings back fond memories of a FIDOnet writing echo I joined in 1989. When I have more coming in than my $618/m in disability, I shall most definitely buy a subscription.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to look around a bit more, <she says, looking for a good place to set up her tent>

Roger McMillian

Registered
Reaction score
Was looking for info on Chicago Agency

I've been searching for an agent for a long time and found references for a few that were close to Peoria. A few turned out to be dead ends. Others had changed their direction and were no longer interested in Science Fiction/ Fantasy or were not taking on newbies. My first science fiction novel, "Dreamweaver: Spirits of Orion", has been finished for nearly a year and I've started on a sequel. I haven't seen anything negative about my curent quarry, so perhaps this will be a good omen. This looks and 'feels' like a good writer community to join, so I'll be a frequent visitor.

drybonesreborn

Registered
Reaction score
Some girl at "Borders" wrote me down some links. I can't find "misswanerk.blogspot's" one.

Um...looked cool to go to.