How'd You Find This Site?

trinitydb

I found this website while searching for "advice for writers." It seemed to have worked, this place is great, and the advice seems very constructive!

Astyanax

Registered
Reaction score
I found it while checking out Writers in the Sky Literary Agency for a mate of mine. Needless to say I was impressed at how serious and informative contributors seem to be, and came to the conclusion that any serious writer could do much worse than at least stay in touch with a community of likeminded people. It's lonely being a writer and community is like gold in this world of make-believe ...

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
A friend sent me a link to an article, and I cozied up to the message boards once I was here because I'm kind of a message board junkie. You guys are like heroin, but in a good way.

Opalescence

Another MB junky. *raises hand*

Someone in my writing group sent me a link to a thread here about a bad agency.

Dee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all! I was referred here by a friend... decided to come on over and register so the fun could begin. *smiles*

Thanks, Tig! It looks like it's gonna be a blast!

ebaymomma

After a year into my book, I finally searched "book pulish forum" to see what was out there - I am SO glad I did!

wenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writeonthedot.com
I heard about this site on another writing site - where they admitted this was the best site out there! I've been lurking but I had to join because I can see that there really is a lot of good advice to be had. Can't wait to start posting.

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
I got to this terrific place because, like Goose said in Top Gun - I was stupid.

I signed with The Screenplay Agency. Then when I told some of my writing buddies out here in L.A. about it, they said Hey! Lookie here! They're body-slamming that Screenplay Agency around the block and halfway to the moon! Read 'em up, boy!

So I did, and was impressed with how helpful people here were, in their posts. I just lurked and read, too afraid (then) to admit that at my old age of 49 - I'd been taken. You think you'd learn.

My new strategy is to send one word (numbered) of my script to every single agency I can think of. They call each other up, put the words together in the proper order, print the thing out and somebody buys it! Piece o' cake...

Claudia

Registered
Reaction score
How I found you

A friend of mine raved about the good, solid information that can be found here, sent me the link and, because I've had good and bad experiences suggested I join and share my info. In the meawhile, I have looked over a lot of the messages and appreciate the insights and information I've seen so far. She was right on target about the solid information.

Claudia

tlblack

nothing simple here
Registered
Reaction score
I got here through a Google search on The New York Literary Agency. BAD, VERY BAD AGENCY! AVOID!!!

I only joined up yesterday and am still browsing around.

rmjunior51

I found this site through google. I was looking for good writing boards and I came across this one. Looked good so I signed up. Hopfully I can learn a couple of things to help my writing out.

The Mystic One

I ran afoul of a nefarious group calling themselves the Children's Literary Agency. My dealings with them were taking on a surreal cast and I asked an open question on Yahoo Answers if anyone had ever heard of CLA? The answer lead me here. I posted my experience with those creeps with others, and have found this place to have a warm fuzzy feel. Think I'll hang out a bit, if no one minds...?

Rose the Short

I Googled the Barbara Bauer Agency, after giggling madly over Miss Snark this weekend. A friend of mine had an, er, interesting experiment with her a few weeks ago, so it was quite entertaining. Anyway, y'all were the fourth or fifth link!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Writer Beware's blog, quoting Jenna's article on lies scammers tell.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2nd rejection

Just rcvd., a very nice rejection .."the Iam not quite sure Iam right for you letter." It was a standard typed business card, but Ms. Agent at least penned in my book title at the top, and signed it in pen as well. Life is gooood!

askeladd

Polyglot
Registered
Reaction score
I discovered this site whilst Googoling for info on Publish America. I lurked for a few months before signing up. Hanging around here has indirectly given me the courage to hone my writing skills and see what develops.

I'm actually considering writing a book proposal for a vocab exercise book I've been working on intermittently for the past several months. Hitherto I had been contemplating trying to go the self-publish route and use Lulu or something like that, but now I figure I might as well go whole hog and pitch it to the major publishers. What's the worst that could happen? They say "no" and I'm out postage. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

R.K.Melton

Actually I found this site totally by accident. I was browsing for publishers, trying to find info on their different submission policies and somehow stumbled in. Now I'm glad I did! I'm still looking around and getting a feel for everything but so far I am very much enjoying myself!

R.K.Melton

sugar414

I was searching the internet and came across this web site. I was reading a blog on NaNoWriMo and that's what intrested me.

GrayBear

Registered
Reaction score
I was just searching for some info on word count conventions, clicked a few too many times, and here I am.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Truly Newbie

I've been desperately searching for some help and I'm in hopes I can find it here. I sent out a query blitz and within the first 12 hours received a partial request from Adam Chromy. When I responded, I told him the partial was his until he told me otherwise. It's been a few weeks, and now I'm receiving other requests for the partial. What to do? What to do? Would it be in good taste to tell him that other agents are asking for the partial? Would he be offended? This is my first effort and I don't want to ruffle any feathers.