How'd You Find This Site?

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Savannah me too only only this site 'saved me' as I was checking those people out. PublishAmerica does mislead trying to pass as a traditional publisher and claim their books are returnable (five percent credit?).
Looked around here and liked what I saw.

Beau Goldly

Psychic Intervention

I had a dream. When I woke up,

I was here.

cbradstreet

Someone on Done Deal suggested this site to me. I just signed up and am ready to see what it is all about!:welcome:

LitFa

Writing Frantically
Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I found this site because I had foolishly signed a contract with The Screenplay Agency and then began to have doubts. I am happy to have found this place, better late than never. It is a great resource for writers and it has lots of smart and friendly people posting.:)

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Found it while googling Wylie Merrick. I always google lit agents that request parts of my manuscript....

After having my hopes dashed by the likes BAWN, Woodside Lit, Edit Ink, AND the most recent New York Lit, I finally got wise and started searching out info on the web..P&E is where I started and I found you guys through their site.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
Uh... I Googled it. I was looking for a nice friendly writer's forum. I belong to Wet Canvas, an artist's forum, and figured there had to be one out here somewhere for writers. AW even looks like it uses the same driver (so does SFFWorld, for that matter). Nice place. I'm glad I found it -- except that I keep losing track of what threads I've been following. *sigh*

Kendra

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Got here by a Google search.

Scarlett_156

asdf
Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a Google search for literary agents. I took the names of a couple of agents that I was interested in finding out more about, and googled those, and this was at the top of the results list each time.

heidi

I was trying to discover if there is any possible way to find out how many copies of a published book...mine...has sold. My publisher, Winterwolf Publishing, went belly up, signed an Instrument of Release Jan 2006, and won't return emails or phone calls. He failed to pay ANY royalities for the entire year of 2005. Friends and acquaintances reported buying my book so I know some sold. Now I'm trying to find another publisher to pick the book up to keep it in print.

onerocketgirl

Long time listener, first time caller

I've been lurking for a while, actually...
But I heard about the site right from the source!
I met Jenna long ago and far away, our younger brothers know one another. ;)

magnolia42

My husband also writes, so when he found this site, he had to share it with me. I couldn't tell you how he found it. The mysteries abound.

mexcindi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.zyworld.com
I found the forums on the AW newsletter. I have just been lurking until now. Thanks to all the posters for the helpful information!

I have a question, but I'm not sure where to post it. I've done several searches to no avail.

How much time is too much before introducing the crisis that sets up the story question? I know the writer must hook the reader quickly, but I want to introduce some background (through dialogue) and have the lead arrive at a new destination before I introduce the crisis.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cindi

oneoldwriter

I googled something and ended up viewing a specific thread. I realized that this might be a good place to bookmark and now I have registered. My first post this. 8>)

Garry

eugenesummers

I posted a question regarding writing in Yahoo question and answers and a kind person sent me this link.

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
On the forward motion writer's site, there's a newsletter called Vision, an excellent resource. I found this site on one of the back issues.

Lixxy

I found it via an article in 'Writing Magazine,' not sure if it is available in the states.

iggypopforyou

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
From P&E to here to eternity

Really I have been shy and mostly distrustful of internet groups – then there’s the infinite sadness of wondering how to belong; there’s the anxiety of knowing there is so much I don’t understand and so much I have missed by keeping myself from learning – still afraid nine-year old kids are more adept at anything cyber or tech – still afraid of how foolish I can appear. Tons more foolish than my most foolish behavior on any street in any city.

But when I stumbled into this room, practically knocking over the water cooler in my nervousness, I soon felt immeasurable warmth and then kindness itself – reading posts and never failing to be impressed with the breath and scope of topics and the eloquence of the members here – their savvy and gentle encouragement. This is a wonderful place. It is a steady, uncompromising flame which seems to want to burn indefinitely. I haven’t come across the usual fop, pomp, and rude chic I have begun to associate with most of the internet groups I’ve visited. For the most part, I have felt like a beggar until I came here for a cup of water. This place keeps making me want to say, “Thank y

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
Found it by googling Victoria Strauss (because I'm interested in JVNLA). Have gotten much info before finally logging in today. thanks!

paramour

Hello! i found this site thru the Michigan Horror Writer's email list via yahoo. i think this place is great! i feel lucky i found it! :)

Big Tex

Registered
Reaction score
sc211 said:
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

I found it through Google -- looking for a message board dedicating to writing. A few popped up, and this one seemed like the most intriguing one.

This is my first post here. Ra!

estring

I found this site through Google too. I wanted to find a board that had a place for advice and possibly had people who were willing to exchange writing and give critiques.

I finished a draft of a novel, but I really have no idea what's working and what isn't and I feel really frustrated. I think I have rewritten the first chapter eleven thousand times, and have not even looked at the rest of it. That isn't helping anything.

Anyway, I'm glad this board is here, it looks like just the right place.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
I found it while looking up young adult literary agents.

Of all the writing sites i've seen, so far this one seems to be the friendliest.