How'd You Find This Site?

zhaulsan

Registered
Reaction score
I searched for a Grammar and writing forum and this one came first in the list. So I guess I am now a member of the no. 1 English and grammar forum for writers; yes?

Tinuviel

A someday author wannabe.
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea :D. It found me when I wasn't looking.

Sandesh

Registered
Reaction score
My twitter friend, author of Simon vs the homosapiens agenda, Becky Albertalli recommended this site. I'm so happy to be here :)

CreativeHeart75

Registered
Reaction score
I googled something like, "Best writing forums". It gave me a fair few articles and this site was one of the top listed. Glad to be here with all of you. Hope to learn a lot.

GruffGoat

Registered
Reaction score
I was recommended coming here by a literary agent's rejection letter. Probably the most useful rejection letter yet!

Devabbi

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site in some search results for writing research. :) Glad I did! Trying to make writing more of a priority in my adult life and feel like a community will help tremendously.

Sigma

Registered
Reaction score
Someone on another forum recommended this site to me years ago...then, after researching queries, this domain name came up more than once by agents.

bluejaybooks

Registered
Reaction score
I found it by searching for the answers to a writing questions a few years back, but only recently decided to make an account.

Last edited:

angelbae

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a post on tumblr that had some really good writing advice, got the book itself on Kindle, and in the back it was listed as a recommended place to go!

Same Ghost

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adenalbert.com
I had seen it listed in various agents' blogrolls--Janet Reid, AC Crispin's Writer Beware, and I think Nathan Bransford, when he was agenting. AW's widespread respected status got me curious.

pbandj

Registered
Reaction score
Found it through Google! Lurked for a while and when I finished my novel decided that I wanted to be a part of the community.

Brikkin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fairly active on some fantasy-related subreddits. One of the mods on r/fantasywriters suggested the forums here might be a good place to get critiques on my query letter.

Kinglur

Registered
Reaction score
It came up in a forum discussion years ago; been lurking off and on ever since.

barbarairvin

Registered
Reaction score
I first found out about this site by searching. Then, my friend Kristi told me she signed up a long time ago. After a lot of lurking, I just decided to join. I'm glad I did.

Barbara

Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

HaHs

Registered
Reaction score
A combination of hearing this website mentioned by both the WordNerds on youtube (their 'places to meet writers' video specifically) and seeing it mentioned on Sarah Dennard's blog with a post of a similar theme. Glad to be here!

airandarkness

Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to remember because I've been lurking for ages, but it was probably by googling some writing related question and finding a thread about it on here! I've lurked mostly on the Bewares forum looking for information on agents, which is one of the reasons I finally decided to join - now that I've been submitting to agents for almost a year, I can share my own experiences with various agents.

wolfbard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I found this site when I was doing a search for some information about injuries and the duration needed for healing. I found it really helpful because it wasn't a text book answer, it was individuals that had experienced the types of injuries I was looking into giving their experiences.

Gil-Gandel

Registered
Reaction score
I'd seen a post on Facebook from some firm of publishers that sounded a little dubious, so I went Googling for information and found a really long thread about 'em right here. (Austin Macauley)

Charles Gull

Registered
Reaction score
picked the link up at 'https://thewritelife.com/100-best-websites-for-writers-2017/'