How'd You Find This Site?

Locke581

Registered
Reaction score
I found it while researching agent names that I received from preditor or editor.

Rahmama

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a critique/writer's group and AW was at the top of a Writer's Digest list. I've heard about AW for a long time, but am just now getting around to joining.
Besides I needed to find someone to talk to about writing besides my cat. :)

H.G.Aguilar

Registered
Reaction score
My friend from Atlantica, Confusionus showed me this site. I look forward to getting some critiques on my nearly-complete novel. I will be posting in SYW fantasy soon.

Bpituley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
photosbp.com
I was pointed in the general direction of the site by my good friend and long-time member Gini Koch. Since she seems to know which way is up and had nothing but good things to say about the site I figgered I'd wander over in this general direction.

CammieA

Registered
Reaction score
After reading several blogs, and searches for communities for romance writers, I finally stumbled upon this site. I hope that it will be helpful. A FB shout for beta readers had quick responses, but no feedback. Unfortunately, my husband isn't a big reader, and if he was, it wouldn't be Romance Novels. Really hoping I've finally stumbled onto the right site.

BradleyH

Registered
Reaction score
I attended the Richmond Writers conference a week ago, and she also recommended it at the workshop she taught.
So here I am!

MeghS

Registered
Reaction score
On the NaNoWriMo forums - as much as I love those forums, I was looking for somewhere that's active year round and with a slightly more serious bent! I've seen this place mentioned there over the years, but this year I decided to join up and jump in. :)

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
On the NaNoWriMo forums - as much as I love those forums, I was looking for somewhere that's active year round and with a slightly more serious bent! I've seen this place mentioned there over the years, but this year I decided to join up and jump in. :)

Same!

pegasaurus

Champion overthinker
Registered
Reaction score
I think I originally found out about AW through the Query Shark blog. It was also mentioned in a rejection letter I got on a query the other day! :3

kmayes

Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to find reviews for an online writing course that I was considering, and this site was the only place that seemed like it had real people talking about it. I ended up deciding not to take the course because the things I'm looking for are more likely to be found here; namely, feedback from more experienced writers/beta readers.

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to find reviews for some publishers that I was interested in. That was how I had come to discover this forum. It helped me to analyze which publishers or contracts might not be so beneficial to me as a writer.

Thesala

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a community of writers where I could find a more reliable critiquing partner and beta readers. This site came up in the search engine. I browsed the forum and it seemed to be exactly what I needed and more

ttwrite

Registered
Reaction score
This forum is mentioned in the /r/writing subgroup on Reddit from time to time. So I thought I'd come over here and check it out. Wow, what a great community! I think I'm going to enjoy it here!

alyleeb

Registered
Reaction score
Tahereh Mafi mentioned these forums in her interview on the First Draft podcast so I came to check it out!

Kallixe

Registered
Reaction score
I was surfing the web for some good writer's forums to share and read some work with, and this site was one of the top recommended forums. I like how it is a large community with really active members.

Captivatedlife

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for writing forums to help me be a better writer and to learn about the industry. This was one of the ones to pop up and the only one that I actually liked!

pentimental

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling something about horse people and politics/religion and an old post by ColoradoGuy came up. I followed the crumbs to AW, lurked for months, decided to do Nano and joined so I could dip my toe in by posting in that forum. (I need other writers to talk to, but I'm really private, and, er, gaaah. Yeah. LOL) Glad I did!

I doubt he lurks here, but if you're reading this ColoradoGuy, it's all your fault.

Mandin8r

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "writing groups" to see what I could find because this writing thing was getting a little lonely.

CarlUpshon

Registered
Reaction score
I found it by looking on Google for "horror writing forum" because I want to learn to write horror. Seems there is much more here though which will be of great value.