How'd You Find This Site?

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i found this site looking for info about Austin Macauley publishers...

Uncle Poop

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site with just a google search. I actually looked at a couple of other forums and even joined one about a week or so ago. There was no activity on those sites. So I went and did another search and went a few pages deeper in the search results and found this site. I did what I normally do when searching for new forums, I watched the forum for a day or so. I checked latest post times and days and noticed this is a site where people are active most of the day every day. Which is nice because the one forum I did join I have yet to receive a welcome to my new member post.

Helix Denby

Registered
Reaction score
I did a search on Google as well and looked at the best ranked places to get feedback/critiques on writing. I initially joined another, but it didn't really work for me. The community here seemed better and the critiques I saw were often very involved and helpful. It's also great to have a place that can give advice on publishing! A vibrant and active community is what I was searching for and I feel like I found it here.

PlamediAnne

Registered
Reaction score
I found this while searching for sites for teen writers and than later when I was searching for a beta reader (still am).

splendidscrewup

heather
Registered
Reaction score
Website
splendidscrewup.com
I heard about it on the First Draft podcast by Sarah Enni. She interviewed Veronica Roth, who said the writing community here was pretty good to her. It's a great podcast btw, if you're into Young Adult!

sweet.intuit

Registered
Reaction score
I did a search on Google; to find a writing buddy, and found "40 Places to Find a Critique Partner Who Will Help You Improve Your Writing," on TheWriteLife website.

MenoSilencio

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I'm looking for information on publishers this site comes up, wonderfully useful! Seemed like a nice community too so I finally decided to join : ) Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Meno

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Seemed like a nice community too so I finally decided to join : ) Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

It is an awesome community! I'm new too, and already feeling right at home. Welcome! (And be sure to post an introduction thread so everyone can say hi.)

The Farmer

Registered
Reaction score
I think I might have joined this site years ago (probably 8 or 9 years ago). I was just starting to write back then and only did it in my spare time.

When I started writing every day, I remembered this site, but couldn't remember if I actually joined of if I just lurked. I looked all over for a username and password and couldn't find one, so am still not sure if I ever joined back then. But - I've been coming here for a while... and now I am a member. ;)

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Whenever I'm looking for information on publishers this site comes up, wonderfully useful! Seemed like a nice community too so I finally decided to join : ) Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Meno

AW never popped up while I was googling the 18th Century, but it did this morning when I googled "furrowed."

Last edited:

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking into a site AWAI and decided that I would research them prior to putting money down. Someone mentioned AW, so here I am. Mighty glad, there are so many different topics and personalities to peruse. I already LOVE it here.

MenoSilencio

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, still fumbling around the site trying to figure out where everything is, so introduction thread sounds like a good idea : D

Meno

Derimed

Registered
Reaction score
I've been on Gaia Online for many years, and though I didn't frequent its writer's forums, the person that made the guidelines there really seemed to know what she was talking about. She answered some of my questions and mentioned this forum as a place to meet other writers and to background-check agents. It seemed very interesting, so here I am!

cmlalor

Registered
Reaction score
I'd always google agencies or agents before I queried them and this site would usually pop up, with people discussing the agency merits. I've found a lot of great info on sketchy agents and great confirmation for good ones. I always look up agents on this site now before I bother to query.

oldblood

Registered
Reaction score
Like just about everyone else, I was googling writing critiques and stumbled upon AW. Browsing, I found a ton of other interesting topics and forums and decided I needed an account.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed with all the Google searches for betas and critique partners! I'm so happy I found it!

Happy posting!