How'd You Find This Site?

Mike Moon

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site searching on Google for query letter examples.

kglick

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm a newbie author and I've just self-published my first book on Amazon. I was searching google to find a place on the internet where writers, both self-published and published, hang out.

I could use some helpful tips and genuine advice on how to successfully market my book. I'm a little lost in this ginormous world of publishing. I'm also hoping to learn more about writing novels in general - any information is useful to me.

I look forward to being a part of this site!

xlixive

Registered
Reaction score
It was a very lengthy chain of clicking one link to another. I started out on Reddit's Writing Contests subforum. One or two of the contests originated on authors.me. From there, I googled what authors.me even was, or if it was even worth signing up for. One of those links brought me here. Yay for following that chain of events.

snevetsjr

Registered
Reaction score
Click, click, click, and I'm here. Lost track of the route. But it started with a site recommendation in Jane Friedman's "Publishing 101."
So far, this seems like a good site -- but where does a writer find the time to participate much? And the learning curve on finding information seems steep because it's a dense site. Glad I'm here, in any case. Hope all my fellow writers are finding success of one kind or another!

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I found this site recently through a random Google search. However, I've heard of it before, and I think years ago I may have actually joined. I don't remember so much now, but the format seems familiar.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site recently through a random Google search. However, I've heard of it before, and I think years ago I may have actually joined. I don't remember so much now, but the format seems familiar.

If you can remember what email address or username you used, I'll see if I can find you.

OwlEyes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
theauthorialowl.wordpress.com
My dear friend Google led me here. Don't remember the exact search term I used, "online writers groups" maybe. But AW was one of the first results, and I've seen references to AW over the last few years in and around the Interwebz, so I figured now was the time to jump in.

steveb47

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephenbentley.info
Trawling the internet looking for a beta reader. I stumbled on a site that spoke highly of AW so, here I am, still looking for a beta reader :)

I have now found three beta readers. Happy Days! :hooray:

Last edited:

GeneBWell

Registered
Reaction score
I came here because it was mentioned (in a good way) by Writer Beware, a blog I recently started browsing since it has good tips for guys like me who are just starting to look at publishing options and need to know what's good and bad out there.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I was on another writing website and saw this one mentioned. Actually, though, I've heard of this site before I recently joined. I actually think I joined at a certain point several years ago. The 50 post minimum to begin the workshop portion of the site is a bit steep, though, which is why I probably didn't hang around last time. Let's see how this time works out.

SeaCee

Registered
Reaction score
I've known about the Water Cooler for years. Have no idea how I originally came across it. Probably a web search. I have been thinking of joining for years...I'm kinda slow off the mark! :)

Tohubohu

Registered
Reaction score
I was researching what it felt like to be shot and and an archived thread came up on the search results, so I followed the rabbit hole. :)

andrewchapin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy I found my way here on recommendation from lit agent Mandy Hubbard. It's was the silver lining after she rejected my query. Must've been a pretty anticlimactic one. Womp womp. Hopefully, I can pick up some tips here that will allow me to pimp myself out better the next time...

Gribba

Keep being awesome!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writing.gribba.dk
I was searching (via google) for a writing forum, with room for fantasy writing, to join and noticed a yahoo ask question where a person is asking about the best place to join a writing community and few people mentioned this place, so I figured, why not try it out, I can always leave if it is not for me.

Mellist

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading Sarah J Maas site and she had a link to a friend on how to get published and she talked about this site and finding good CPs. I thought I would check it out.

TeMi1860

Registered
Reaction score
Google ........ what would we do with out it? I was looking for a place to submit some stories, and this site came highly recommended.

deathstar008

Registered
Reaction score
I got here from a Google search about word counts for a certain novel. The link was to a discussion from earlier this year, and not only answered my question, got me intrigued into the forum. So I joined.

snow1flower

Registered
Reaction score
Janice hardy's blog, fiction university is what she calls it. I love her blog, and she recommends this site as a way to get involved with the writing community.

nossmf

Scribo ergo sum
Registered
Reaction score
A Google search for information about prospective agents to take on my new novel led to a discussion about the company in one of the threads here. I liked both the thread as well as the general overall site, so I have decided to remain, at least for a little while.

omskivar

Registered
Reaction score
A friend recommended it to me after I spent a good chunk of time complaining about writing groups I was already following.

kberdan

Registered
Reaction score
I think I was searching for query letter help and it popped up. After that, I saw it everywhere and basically had no choice but to join ;)

Purplesnow

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to google a whole range of things to do with death and murder and ID without typing the actual thing into google

Claire