How'd You Find This Site?

Arna

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I discovered the site on yesterday thanks to another site-Miss Snark. I officially became a newbie TODAY! (Actually, it was this evening at approximately 8:59 p.m.) (Smile).

I am so appreciative of everything I've already learned. So glad I found it and glad to be here.

I'm off to Share Your Work to continue reading and sharing.

AngryDoc

Registered
Reaction score
I've only been a member for a couple of months. I found the site when I came close to being sucked into one of the scams Jenna discussed in her last newsletter. Got my first response to a query from a supposed agent's site, sent in two chapters, another response, then the hook--we think the book needs a "little editing, and here's who you should see."

I googled the agency. The site came up. I paged through some great archives that made things perfectly clear. Then joined and have found the site to be not only informative but tolerant of newbies and ignorance.

I'll be honest--in some other circumstances, I've felt very much like the first grader wearing all the wrong clothes, carrying a Raggedy Ann lunchbox, and having to do my work with those jumbo green pencils because my mother thought they would be easier to hold than the standard yellow #2 Ticonderogas.

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
*blush* - I don't remember how I found this place. I've been hanging around for quite a while now but have lurked much more than I've talked.

This is a great place, though, and I'm gradually getting more talkative! :)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
thanks to Duotrope...

...and Coyote Wild - where i found the link to Absolute Write.

very interesting site you have here. i look forward to mingling.

von62653

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from Jenna's book - "Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer."

Best book I've read yet on freelance writing.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
I got here because whenever I searched for "how to find a literary agent" it came up. Then, yesterday, I ended up at nelsonhayden.com reading the saga of AW getting cut off by its ISP and I decided to see what exactly it was that everyone valued so much. It was immediately obvioius when I got here.

So, what did happen? Is there litigation in progress? I haven't found a thread about it yet.

kenk

How got here - any complaints Renbourne Lit. Agcy?

I got here by looking up Renbourne Lit. Agcy, founder & sole editor Karen Ackerson. I'm thinking of using her as my editor of a novel I'm writing. They are listed as Not recommended on Preditors & Editors. Any complaints anyone? Pls reply to [email protected] Thanks

Last edited:

Mr. Jinx

Registered
Reaction score
I found it by accident when googling for information on a project I am working on. It took me to the YA forum and from there I was hooked.

--DRD

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I found it on yahoo and thought the name was interesting :)

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I googled for "Writer's Digest 6th annual short short story competition", and one of the links that came up was from a posting on this forum. Clicked it, and the rest is history.

:D This smiley has a strange appeal to me, so I'll be using it a lot I believe.

JWashburn

My first post

Hello,

I discovered this forum after researching an agent who offered me a contract. The problem is that some words in the contract were misspelled and she wanted to charge me $350. Bells and whistles started going off. So I looked into it and found this forum where I learned that the Desert Rose Agency is as crooked as they come. It save me a lot of heartache and kept me from getting "taken". So, I knew I had to be a part of this.

Thanks Guys

Sesselja

Being a forum addict, I asked over at the Nano-forum if anyone knew of other good writing fora, and this one was suggested.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
Susan Flemming said:
I first heard of this site through the many, many blogs which referenced AW being shut down after complaints made by Barbara Bauer to their host server.

quote]

That's how I heard about it too. I heard the splashing from the waves being made.

Aaron Poehler

Searching for information on agents led me to the Bewares & Background Checks forum multiple times, so eventually I just gave in to inevitability and registered. It was clearly bound to happen at some point, anyway.

Last edited:

bubba1

I found this site thru the IRC channel. I plan to stay for a long while. I need this information

Lolly

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through a web advertisement. I originally subscribed to the Absolute Write e-mail, and then saw the link for "writers want to know" and followed it here!

Optimist

Registered
Reaction score
I posted something on a different forum, but it wasn't really a writer's forum, merely a fans forum.
So one of my friends there referred me here.
And, well, here I am!!