How'd You Find This Site?

LisaBean

I need a nap
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kittrose.com
I followed a trail of links across the internet. I seriously it went like this: reading blog and decided to go look at archives from 2008, saw a mention for another blog, went there. That blog recommended another blog. Rinse and repeat. I think it was six sites I went through and then I landed here, poked around for a bit but didn't join. Got distracted by toddler tantrum, shut down my computer and forgot to book mark! DOH! Had to repeat the whole chain to find my way back.

Tottie Scone

Registered
Reaction score
I was browsing writersandartists.co.uk and I came across a mention of it there - by Simon P. Clarke, I think?

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
wordnerds on youtube. The video was: "The Circulation Desk: Getting a Literary Agent"

If it's not obvious: I'm here because I'm newb to the great big world of writing beyond the words of my manuscripts and looking to learn all I can. :)

inthewritemind

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site through Veronica Roth's old blog and boy oh boy am I ever glad to have stumbled my way here!

AlomEbetel

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling how to render someone unconscious without permanent damage and a thread from this forum showed up in my search results. :)

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I was googling how to render someone unconscious without permanent damage and a thread from this forum showed up in my search results. :)
Might I suggest giving your character an active baby, during their upper middle-age...? This will render them unconscious perhaps more than once per day without leaving any permanent damage.

Welcome!

KateHargrove

Registered
Reaction score
I heard about it while listening to a podcast "First Draft with Sarah Enni" in her Veronica Roth interview...and then it was mentioned again in the YAWordNerds youtube videos. Finally decided to go and get registered.

ScottyDM

Badger, mushroom, snake oh a snake.
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of years back I was researching a particular vanity publisher... how bad are they? Found some good data here. Signed up back then, but forgot about it (already a member of several RL and OL writing groups).

Yesterday I was researching an e-book "self-publishing" company and wondered if they were a vanity publisher in disguise. After checking Writer Beware and another site I remembered this one. A bit of Googling brought me here. To fully use the search function I had to signup, but when I clicked the button my browser filled in my original username and password. :D

I should probably stick around this time.

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
I was listening to Sarah Enni's podcast First Draft Pod (if you haven't listened, it's great and you should.)
A lot of the writers said they found critique partners and help here which is something I'm in desperate need of.

Wolfhare

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first post, so hi everyone.

I found this site after searching for information on i2i publishing who were interested in publishing my book. The Chronicles of Wolfhare.

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still learning my way around this site, but I found it when I did a google search on something writing related and a forum post with the answer popped up.

CWnerd12

Registered
Reaction score
I asked my followers on my tumblr, OMGTD if there was a professional-level forum for screenwriters online, and a few people said AbsoluteWrite.

markbaer

Registered
Reaction score
Google for me! I find like the dynamic nature of forums so figured that this was a great place to start (I'm also new!).

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
Hey :)
I found it from a Google search. I was looking for sites that could help critique my writing and here I am! LOL! Place seems awesome so far. I joined a little while ago, but haven't had the chance to really hang around. I'm hoping that changes now.

a.shuping

Daredevil
Registered
Reaction score
Dear all,
I found the water cooler with a simple Google search for freelance writer forums. This one seemed the most worthy and so I chose you!

Sammie

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... I can't remember exactly how I found the site, partly because I stumbled on it around 4 years ago and partly because I'm forgetful. Yet I can remember clearly how excited I was I found this forum! And I'm still lecturing myself for not joining sooner!

Cannuck

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching google for information on prologues, I was torn between mixing two different viewpoints in one book or beginning with a prologue and a thread on prologues (and their hatred) from this forum caught my eye. I am still torn and no closer to a decision but I got sidetracked browsing the threads and figured I better register. Looks pretty helpful so far! :)

Keobooks

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site on Google. I was looking for answers to a very specific issue I was having at the time. I found that someone here had nearly the same issue and wrote the same question I was asking. I was so glad to see that someone else had asked and several people answered. I wish I could remember my original question. I know the question that helped me was written in 2012, but the advice was still sound!

Last edited: