How'd You Find This Site?

MorganMcGuire

Don't overcomplicate it
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, first question, why did it post 'new fish, learning about thick skin' under my name?

SJBailey

Registered
Reaction score
I saw it on a blog, but I somehow lost the link to the blog.. at least I didn't loose this site. :)

RosyMaylor

Registered
Reaction score
I remember stumbling upon this site maybe six or more years ago? I really enjoyed how the members were very active and there was a lot of diversity. I mostly lurked. I'm looking forward to getting a bit more involved this time around!

Violet Vixen

Official Cryptid of the Publishing World
Registered
Reaction score
Janet Reid, a literary agent, recommends this site often and I follow her blog(s, if you count Query Shark)!

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I was watching Brandon Sanderson's lectures on Youtube and he recommended this place.

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Attended Viable Paradise in 2012 and joined right after that. I think this is my first public post. :)
This is my first post since the forum change over, or upgrade. I am just trying to break my "I hate change" attitude with a post.

It's a kind of how'do I find this site - which is better and better with use.
Yes, off-topic. Carry on.

Welcome KaaSerpent!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is my first post since the forum change over, or upgrade. I am just trying to break my "I hate change" attitude with a post.

I'm cursed with the same attitude. I'm trying one or two posts a day trying to discover something I don't know (which is a lot). :greenie Yesterday, I learned colon + greenie will get :greenie instead of :D.

Glad I found it!

Glad you found us, too, Kimberly. :welcome: As a newbie to a new format, you're ahead of some of us old timers having to re-learn the ropes.

Creative Cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm cursed with the same attitude. I'm trying one or two posts a day trying to discover something I don't know (which is a lot). :greenie Yesterday, I learned colon + greenie will get :greenie instead of :D.

See, now, a colon and a greenie present a very different picture from both ends to me. :idea:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Say, what is the backstory of your current ASL avatar?

Oh, the finger-spelling. I thought you were referring to something else, as American Sign Language (ASL) and finger-spelling, though connected, are different methods of silent speech.

"Chase" is a good example. The avatar shows how to spell it, but the word is expressed by one thumb up pursuing another thumb up, sort of like this: :yesway::yesway:

The answer is I'm :deaf: (deaf), and most of my avatars have something to do with deafness.

I'm sorry I misunderstood :e2smack: and took so long to give a straight answer.

Creative Cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi Chase! No worries about the length of time. The Internet is forever. Thanks for adding reputation points to me. I was wondering how that would work, and it seems slightly changed in its calculation.

I am down with the grip and a screaming 1.5-yr-old daughter at the moment, all working to lock away comprehension of thought inside a Chinese puzzle box and keep my written contribution down to comprehensive words per hour; that period of time just before foot inserts to mouth, which is observable in slow motion by the eater but actually a slow-jam 45 played at 78 rpm to everyone else in the room. My Chipmunk masters beat my head for a walnut and are very unwelcome.

I haven't tried the private message function yet, so I shall; once nature returns Chip and Dale to the Disney Studios from which they came. ... and now that I have fallen asleep at the keyboard and awoken (no lie) I shall hit send.

Laura S

I hear make-believe people!
Registered
Reaction score
I've known of it for years, just never took the time to come check it out. :Shrug:

Last edited:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As for how I found the site, I've known of it for years, just never took the time to come check it out. :Shrug:

:hi:, Laura on the other coast. I think my amateur sleuth mystery is part cozy. Nice to meet you.

Be sure to introduce yourself again by starting a new thread in this section.

:welcome:!

Laura S

I hear make-believe people!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Chase. I'd already figured that out and edited my post here appropriately. Leave it to me to miss the point of this thread by not paying close enough attention. Oops! Sigh.

saiko_neko

Registered
Reaction score
I was actually asking uncle Google about acting agents (I didn't use the word acting, probably), since I am also interested in that. The first result was a thread on these forums about literary agents ... I guess the universe is trying to tell me something ... :D