Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 13 of 133 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923386388113 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I was simply looking for market lists -- and Googled "writers markets". I found the "paying markets" forum -- and then found that there's a lot to go with it.

Engineer Sonneteer Norman D Gutter's Avatar
    A link and recommendation at the "Preditors and Editors" web site.
    I blog, therefore I am.

My author page at Amazon's Kindle Store.

practical experience, FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary_Guy
    Hm. Juicy. Who is the Barbara Bauer person and what did she complain about?
    Barbara Bauer made Writer Beware's 20 Worst Agents list. And she didn't like it one bit. I'm sure if you check the Beware and Background Checks forum here, you'll find a thread about her.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Bauer

As for what she complained about, I first learned about it after reading a blog that referenced this entry at Making Light...

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight...es/007577.html

I was checking on the credentials of The Desert Rose Literary Agency before I sent a query to them. (A good thing, too. Apparently, they're suspect.) Google led me here, among a couple of other places.
    Only a member for 24 hrs., and lovin' it. Rennie.

I posted a question on one of the IMDB.com forums asking for support websites for newbie writers, I've got to say it was one of the most productive questions I've asked!
    "I wish I was where I am"

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin scribbling butterfly's Avatar
    I'm a newbie here, but I just found this site today. Yesterday while I was on my myspace I decided to search writers and found the profile that linked me to Julia Temlyn's site WritersRemember.com. Today, while I had more time to read through the forums over there, I found her thread about the "fiasco" and her encouragement to join here and check things out, so here I am...just a scribbling butterfly, flitting from place to place.

Haven't really gotten in here and gotten my fingers "dirty" yet, but give me time and I'll be all over the place, hopefully.
    Red Smith claimed writing was easy.
    "All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein."

feel free to check out my blog about life and writing-

The Tony Award-winning TemlynWriting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbling butterfly
    I'm a newbie here, but I just found this site today. Yesterday while I was on my myspace I decided to search writers and found the profile that linked me to Julia Temlyn's site WritersRemember.com. Today, while I had more time to read through the forums over there, I found her thread about the "fiasco" and her encouragement to join here and check things out, so here I am...just a scribbling butterfly, flitting from place to place.

Haven't really gotten in here and gotten my fingers "dirty" yet, but give me time and I'll be all over the place, hopefully.
    I am SO glad you're here, Holly. I can't wait to get to know you in both the forums! You sound like a kindred spirit, from your e-mail. I hope you'll find lots of support and encouragement here!

~ Julia
    Julia Temlyn, Word Therapist
    Temlyn Writing - editing, writing, moderating, social media consulting/management

Blogs: Musical Reviewer Writers Remember Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist A Mom at Heart: an infertility blog Houston Theatre
    Etc.: Twitter: @JuliaTemlyn & @MusicalReviewer Facebook Linkedin

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin scribbling butterfly's Avatar
    Thanks Julia! So glad I found your site and in turn, found this one. Off to start checking things out now.
    Red Smith claimed writing was easy.
    "All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein."

feel free to check out my blog about life and writing-

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection Freckles's Avatar
    Hello Butterfly! I'm a newbie myself and am still learning the ins and outs of this place. I love what I see so far!!

What sorts of writing do you do?

I was googling help for plotting and came across Unlce Jim's website, which led me to here.
    Gary

SF-Colorado (News and stuff about Colorado speculative fiction writers)
    Rough Suspect T-Shirt Shoppe

Through a number of places actually, but most notably Making Light and Miss Snark. Having had a look around, I'm really glad I decided to join! Loads of good stuff to read (and join in on when I'm a bit more settled). Hurrah!

Hello everyone, I found this site when I started researching agents to query. Most every time I googled an agent or agency, a link to the Absolute Write Water Cooler would show up among the first listings. So one day I decided to check out the site and a few of the other forums. After lurking about and benefitting from what others have had to say, I figured I should join in and take part. I hope I'll get to know some of you once I get the hang of this overwhelming place.

Happy Writing!

Hello everyone. I registered yesterday. I had found IMBD and read the screenwriters for a few weeks. Interesting, but didn't apply to my needs nor could I really help anyone. It took me 2 days and about 20 site visitations before I finally found AW. Yeah!!

Hope to see ya'll everywhere.

DLFerguson
    I was doing research on agents, just Googling away and eventually ended up here.

Hannity Chick
    A little birdie on the Stupid Hannity board gave me the link Hugs for Mike

JocelynZombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Camilla
    Through a number of places actually, but most notably Making Light and Miss Snark. Having had a look around, I'm really glad I decided to join! Loads of good stuff to read (and join in on when I'm a bit more settled). Hurrah!
    Same here! Nice to meet everyone!

Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G
    I came across a link at the Writer's Digest Forum.

Current Projects:
    Final Frontier (7500 words; 3 chapters complete)

Now Available:

One day, it hit me between the eyes, that I belonged here. That's how it happened. Really. Ask anyone...
    Jean Marie
    www.jeanmariewiesen.com

To thine own self be true

current WIP (mystery/crime w/ supernatural twist)
    Completed at long last

*Thanks, Jo*

Sadly I have been to so many sites in the past week trying to gather information that I have no idea who referred me to here. I think, though I would not bet on it, that someone on Shadowpoetry mentioned this site.

Sygna

A lil birdie tole me

A good friend sent me a link to the discussion of PublishAmerica. I was becoming interested in working with them, and now I intend to just have fun here.

Royal Bibliomaniac Marilyn Braun's Avatar
    I'd taken a 2 hour "Become a freelance writer" course which emboldened me to submit an idea to a major publication.

I was shocked when they actually responded and while having a mini nervous breakdown I googled about "writing advice" (or something similar) and found this site.
    Not just a Royal Wannabe, I also own the blog and its companion blog.

Did you know The Queen has her own blog?

And yet another one: All Kate, All the time

Listen to my podcast: The Royal Report.

WIP: Everyone Who Knew Me
    Current word count: 15,815
    Goal: 70,000

Ah, the joys of dengue fever
    Vaguely aware of it for a year, but the recent contretemps on the blogs a few months back shoved it forward, but I'm chronically slow at getting around to doing stuff. Pretty interesting joint. I'm in awe at some of the threads, Uncle Jim's for example, there's some pretty serious time and help commitment here...
    Richard Lewis
    www.richardlewisauthor.com
    MONSTER'S PROOF: A funny scary novel for everyone who hated math or loved it (Simon and Schuster July 09)

Very cooooolllll indeed!!!

Say 'el-lo to the BADGUY!! aric77's Avatar

Talking

hi! a writing buddy of mine suggested i check you guys out. he said there's a lot of good resources here for new or experienced writers.

i_am_shannon
    I found the site through a google search. I was trying to find forums where I'd find people who are as grammar nerdy as am I!

This thread is interesting... I'm finding some interesting things just from the links everyone has posted.

Page 13 of 133 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923386388113 ... LastLast