How'd You Find This Site?

sbz314

Registered
Reaction score
The incredible Google. I think anyone who googles enough things about writing, writing tips, publishing, or agents will find their way here sooner rather than later.

Asandari

Registered
Reaction score
Also google, looking for places where I could get some more experienced feedback. Popped on the IRC. Friendly and active place. I was sold. For 0. Apparently my cat does not do well under pressure.

forbeginners

Registered
Reaction score
Web Search

Hello everyone!

As a publishing recruiter, I sought to find talented writers willing to help our organization further develop our series of "how to" books. I ran a quick web search for freelance writers forum and found this site! I am hoping to meet writers that are willing to contribute to our organizations growth.

Greg Martin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm editing a play that I just finished a first draft of. It's the first play I've written in fifteen years and I needed to refresh my memory on formatting. This site came up in the search. I was impressed and thought I'd sign up. Also, my latest book just went to the editor and figured I could use some consoling when they raped it.

Cody Lane

Registered
Reaction score
Through Google, luckily. I was looking for a place with daily creative writing prompts, and then I went on to look for a place to share those prompts, and I came across this place, thankfully. I'm glad I did, too, because so far everyone seems incredibly helpful.

J.Emerson

Registered
Reaction score
Also accidental, here. I was looking up the Eaton Agency, and I found some pretty unsavory things about them, so I happily passed them by. This was the site with the most useful information.

tweppy

Registered
Reaction score
I googled after some kind of writing forum and this one seemed to be the biggest and the most popular one. I looked through a lot of posts here and figured I might as well join and finally get a chance to talk about writing.

Bethliam

Registered
Reaction score
I found it in Writers Digest. There was a section on different types of websites and raved about this one. So out of all of them listed its the only one I looked up.

Fictional Cowboy

Life is short. Live with purpose.
Registered
Reaction score
I finally decided this was my time in life. All I ever wanted to do was write novels. So, I quit being everyone's Go-To person for absolutely everything, made a complete 180º change in my life and began researching my cozy mystery. I found this site using Bing. (Google is evil and should be destroyed.)

ralphmagno

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I saw the articles on Mister Eddie Kritzer and I am glad to have found it. I was told by a friend who I have known for 25 years and Michael told me to contact this Kritzer. I am glad I didn’t.
My name is Ralph Magno originally from a small town called Barberton Ohio now retired US Air Force.
Since a very young age I have seen almost every sci-fi move that you can imagine. I have retired from the USAF and ran my own business dealing with cable TV service. I even did my own TV show dealing with sci fi movies for the American military community. Well I was wondering if you may be able to give me some advice.
Over the last 3 years I have been writing a sci-fi book. I have registered it with the writer’s geld and I have also received a copyright and now I am trying to see how I can get it made into a movie or at least have it shown to someone in the industry. There are no vampires, no zombies, and nothing that even comes close to anything that has been made into a movie or book.
How do I show this story to someone in the movie industry? You may know an agent or someone in the Los Angeles area that may work with one of these studios?
If you have any advice or know someone that can give me any ideas I would appreciate any help at all.
For now I am living in Italy, but as soon as I sell my house I will be moving back to the USA.
Thank you for your time
Ralph Magno

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I finally decided this was my time in life. All I ever wanted to do was write novels. So, I quit being everyone's Go-To person for absolutely everything, made a complete 180º change in my life and began researching my cozy mystery. I found this site using Bing. (Google is evil and should be destroyed.)
I'm with George Martin. Write on a machine without Internet and on a secure os, like DOS.

So I use pencil and paper, making the process closer to magic for me. Welcome!

GaleRN

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with George Martin. Write on a machine without Internet and on a secure os, like DOS.

So I use pencil and paper, making the process closer to magic for me. Welcome!

I've tried pen and paper, and can't read my own writing. According to my wife, it's from working around physicians. Myself, I blame arthritis in my wrist.
I did quit using our home computer in favor of a portable model after the power went out and all work was lost. On my portable, the battery will back up everything before it quits working. That is my answer to pencil and paper.

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Lithe Movements on a Page

I've tried pen and paper, and can't read my own writing. According to my wife, it's from working around physicians. Myself, I blame arthritis in my wrist.
I did quit using our home computer in favor of a portable model after the power went out and all work was lost. On my portable, the battery will back up everything before it quits working. That is my answer to pencil and paper.
It seems cruel to have write in the middle of arthritis.

I print longhand. I never could do cursive writing. My wrist just doesn''t swivel on a joint like other people I guess. I was exempt from it throughout school. I can print faster than most people can cursive simply, lithely moving my fingers.

Aquila

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to join an active writing community to get better at writing and to take it seriously. I googled "best writing forums" and it wasn't long before I was directed here.

Let's all do our best!

Snoozing

Registered
Reaction score
I just used a search engine, I wanted to see if there were some stimulating sites for people who are interested in writing.