How'd You Find This Site?

bluediamond

The scribbled word is alive!
Registered
Reaction score
how I got here?

Well, I got here through serendipity. I guess am just that lucky!

dill16

Currently Making Lists
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dillwerner.blogspot.com
I found it through a member's blog article when researching query letters and the best time to submit to agents. I have seen the site mentioned in several places before.

Rinji

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through an add on Facebook. I clicked on it to see what it was all about and thought that it would be a great community for me to join as a writer myself so I did. I hope that I enjoy it as much as so many other seem to.

hkvermes

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I just joined last night. I found out about this site from Veronica Roth's blog, so I thought I would check it out.

Sam J Shelley

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when I went looking for a large writing community. I know I found it!

Elorenalory

Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elenalinville.wordpress.com
A great community led me to an even greater community

I found this site mentioned on NaNoWriMo forums. I participated (and won) NaNo for the first time this year, but I still have about half of my story to write. So I need a community that would support and motivate me (and hold me accountable) all year long. One of the fellow wrimos advised me to join Absolute Write.

So here I am. :D

AuroClair

Aurora Clairmont
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.auroraclairmont.com
Guess what? Google searches here as well. Not just one, but every time I tried to google something related to what I was interested in learning this site was within the top five (if not three) hits.

I can safely say that google loves you. <3

kimcooper

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site years ago, through a general interest in problems other writers were having with bad egg publishers and editors. Now that I'm starting a small press and gearing up the promotion and production machines, I finally have stopped lurking.

LucindaBilya

Thick skinned fish returning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lucindabilya.weebly.com
In a galaxy far far far away....I found AW Water Cooler and then flew off to write and write and write - four years of Nanowrimo wins and three books on Amazon & B&N...now I have returned.

I had so much fun that I had to hunt this place down again. Bought a new laptop, so it wasn't in my favorites any longer.

But, never fear, Google was here to the rescue.

Kudos for Google.

luekasloki

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm a newbie, and I actually found out about these awesome forums through a rejection letter (we all know how fun those are) from a nice lady named Mandy Hubbard at D4EO Literary.

It's probably been the most helpful rejection letter I've gotten so far! I've been able to find so much helpful stuff already.

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching Google for help with editing my opening hook and found you guys. I really should log off and get some writing done :p

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Y'know, I can't really remember, just know that I keep coming back... :D

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
A literary agent sent me a link to this site when she rejected my query. Perhaps that's a bad sign? Hahaha. Either way, I'm glad she did!

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I heard about it while listening to a Brandon Sanderson lecture online.

Kemo.

Have grammar--will travel
Registered
Reaction score
Hey hey, I've been lurking for a year off and on for the good advice and to see if there's been any movement on the Harper Voyager Open Submission Watch Thread.

Akton Tamko

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm a newbie, and I actually found out about these awesome forums through a rejection letter (we all know how fun those are) from a nice lady named Mandy Hubbard at D4EO Literary.

It's probably been the most helpful rejection letter I've gotten so far! I've been able to find so much helpful stuff already.

I too was sent here by Ms. Hubbard in a rejection letter. Awww man, and here I thought I was special. She probably does that with all her rejections. That was still pretty cool of her though.

And though she cited "personal tastes" as her reason for rejection, she did mention specifically that this site has a query critique forum, which I took as sort of a *hint hint nudge nudge* that my query could probably use some work. Which I also appreciate.

New poster here. Hi y'all.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'll play.

I was looking at literary agencies to try to query. It was a YA novel I subsequently abandoned after the fairy tale explosion. Anyway, I Googled the name of the agency and AW came up. I got all sorts of useful information about people's previous experiences with it.

After that, I was hooked.

ELAdams12

Registered
Reaction score
Another lurker here - I've been using AW to research agents/publishers for a few years now, but this is my first time actually joining the community. :)