How'd You Find This Site?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Google search led me here.
Most interestingly, it was a thread that popped up when I googled PA. Glad I don't take things at face value and decided to check out the "google on them" first and happy to be here.

Trish

Countiss

Google?

Google or Yahoo I guess. I simply typed in "Writer Articles" into both search engines. Voila!

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
Baywitch said:
I was investingating NY Literary Agency....thank goodness..

Me too!

I got an "acceptance" letter (insert snarky comment here) from this group. I decided to do a little research on them before going any further. Google pulled up this site. I came onto the Background board and posted a short blurb asking if anyone had heard of these guys.

Within 20 minutes, I had a half dozen replies telling me to RUN! LOL I was then directed to the sticky thread on NY Literary Agency and I've been here ever since. :)

Cheryll

majiklmoon

Registered
Reaction score
yep...New York CHILDREN's Agency is what brought me here. I got my acceptance letter, did my snoopy dance of joy :snoopy: contacted a friend about doing the critique rather than pay one of their companies, and she broke the news to me and pointed me here. The rest as they say is history.

kuroisama

Registered
Reaction score
I found AW a little over two years ago thru Google. I was looking to find info on an editting company, who advertised thru the local newspaper, that was offering big bucks to just read stories and critique. I thought it was a little too good to be true and found out that was just the case.

I stuck around when I saw the Bewares forum and all the info everyone had to give. I totally love this site and recommend it to every one of my friends who plans on writing. This forum is a HUGE resource and I'm glad I found it.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
My old friend Google, always is Google, always to blame.
smilehooray.gif

speculative

Registered
Reaction score
I just found this site last night by searching for writing forums via Yahoo! I visited and registered because I saw it was a vB forum. (It's 2006 already; I just won't waste my time with horribly organized, hard-to-navigate text-based forums anymore.)

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
From a mention of this site on another writing board. I must thank the member who posted about here on that board!

Sury

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I found this page by clicking on the wrong link, searching for info on CLA. It was the luckiest wrong thing I've ever done!

Salazkin

DoneDeal website for aspiring and paid screenwriters. I think I've been here before, but that may have been in another incarnation.

Celestia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
newtarazed.yuku.com
Hi, everyone. I was Googling "synchronicity" and it led me to a thread here. This is just the kind of place I've been looking for. Isn't it synchronistic that Googling "syncronicity" is what brought me here. I tell ya -- sometimes the universe just steps right up and takes you by the hand.
wink.gif

LAKOTA

Registered
Reaction score
I just pulled in here after recieving an acceptence from CLA. I needed to find out more before i sent for the contract, believe me I am glad I did.
So far everyone here has been a world of information, and lots of help as I am a new writer on the long and hopefully a rewarding adventure.
I have been writing for myself for about six years, always been afraid to have anyone read my work until someone did. They loved it!!!!!! So here I am.

Thanks again everyone

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sloped in from Fantasybookspot. They had a link to your 20 worst agents thread and surprise, surprise, mine was on it. I'd already decided to drop him as though he seemed to be sending out to a few publishers, they weren't the ones I would have expected. (Like Daw, Tor... those who actually publish fantasy.)

CStall

I found this site through my cousin (a lawyer) who was checking out PublishAmerica for me. I dropped off the contract and luckily he was smart enough to check out the company. Thanks to everyone's advice on here...it kept me from making my first publishing mistake. Thanks!!

rpl

Registered
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I was searching the 'net for sample query letters and came across the Writer Beware blog, which led me to Miss Snark, which led me here!

ruthy

Registered
Reaction score
I found it totally by accident while doing some research on The New York Literary Agency (A total scam, avoid like the plague) and I'm hooked! Not getting a lot of my novel written though!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
One day, a guy at a critique group sent me off to Absolute Write so I could learn how to write. I did. Then one day I was really bored I clicked on the 'forums' button. I immediately became a hopeless addict, lol.

Tampa Mullet

NY Literary Agency

I found this site while looking for background for the NY Literary Agency.
Looks like this agency is a scam.
Thanks to all who share information that helps writers and hopefully published writers someday.
Fred

RMealey

Luck got me here

Sheer luck was looking up info on New York Literary Agency and Whitmore Publishing in PA.

Not very favorable info but Ive signed nothing and piad nothing so Im relieved.

Being new its difficult to know whom to trust. I simply want to write my book and as the few that have read whats written so far liked it, Ive given it some thought about publishing it. What a pandoras box thats turned out to be!

The few agents I selected came from firstwriter.com and they have not turned out to be very reliable from what Ive read.

So I guess Ill continue writing my book and do some due diligence till I find an honest agent to deal with.

violetta

Howdy

I wandered in purely by accident after searching for info on cliches in vampire stories...I wanted to post a reply so had to register and now I can't find the thread soooo, while I'm here, may as well do a little self promo... if I can just find the All About Me thread....

Adirondack

Registered
Reaction score

I typed "Writing" in on Yahoo search engine...and there it was.