How'd You Find This Site?

IrishRover

uʍop ǝpısdn sı ǝɟ&#3
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a member of another forum, but realised there wasn't a lot of talk about actual writing, more about how many copies people were selling, which was good for motivation. I just googled best writers forum and here I am.

J.L. Duncan

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hey-Yo!

Generic Universe; then finding a link to Writers Resource and then to here…
I’ve been looking around I(here and there) for a good writers forum and decided on this one.

Ashtangakasha

To enjoy is optional.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mulberryKnoll.com
I was looking up "dromedary" on a famous search engine (think "boondoggle") and accidentally clicked an ad-word linking to pepperspray.com, where a pop-up for designer galoshes took over my screen. When I clicked the RETURN button, it brought me here. A funny coincidence, when you think about it.

JWRainsford

J.W Rainsford
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I was sent a link by a friend. I am really glad I checked it out. It's a lot of fun, very educational and very friendly.

L.M. Tracy

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling ways to promote my erotica book and I was linked to this forum.

Pammie Simon

Pammie
Registered
Reaction score
This site was heavily encouraged at the first writing conference I went to, so I thought I'd have to get involved. I think I set up my account within the week, but this is my very first post. ACK.

Pam

Ashwood

supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
Registered
Reaction score
I was googling advice on finding a literary agent and querying, just for fun. Voila! This amazing place popped up!

maureen h

Registered
Reaction score
how i got here.

many years ago, i knew an interesting character named herman slater, who owned the magickal child on w 19th st in nyc. yesterday, i found a list of things my daughter was meaning to look up on google. there on her to-do list was the magickal child. wow!
this started a conversation about herman and some other interesting personalities i've known through the years. my daughter was astounded! "how could mom know these people!? she's...well, she's... she's mom! my mom!!".
mom bakes,cooks,cleans. mom does not go into shadowy shops full of mysterious herbs and books to visit with friends.
anyway, one of the answers to the search, led me here, somehow.
i will visit and wander around, be a little nosy. if i feel it, i'll make myself at home.
the end.

DanielS

Skrbz
Registered
Reaction score
I was using yahoo answers searching for a good writing community, and I saw this site was mentioned. When I came here I sensed something different, something special. So I signed up right away!

Pj Little

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I arrived from a search for 'free forums." Erotica was the first writing forum I saw, but a few names down AW popped up. After looking around I decided this was what I was looking for. :)

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when doing an online search for beta writers. So far I'm very excited about the friendliness I've seen here. I look forward to digging and learning all I can from the people who post here.

kdaniels

kdaniels
Registered
Reaction score
It came as a recommendation on a Google community. I was looking for reference material and one user stated that she comes here for all her questions

poeticcaresses

Normality is overrated :)
Registered
Reaction score
I found it through writer's digest also. :) Originally, and then I found it again when I was doing specific research on gunshot wounds. That's when I decided to join.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It was part of my plan when I invented the Internet...

Honestly, I don't really remember how I found this site. Some basic search engine back in the day, I guess. I found some very good tips on Writing and the Publishing Industry here, and once upon a time, some very friendly and funny people too. But then things got kinda serious around here and I haven't been back on AW for awhile now. (I almost feel like a Newbie again.) But things seem to be back to normal, informative and safe, so I think I'll lurk and check AW out again. I need the inspiration, and I find that Absolute Write - and the AW Community, can definitely give me the inspiration I need to continue my writing. (Yes, and I still need spellcheck too...)

:hi:

Last edited:

JessH

Registered
Reaction score
An agent I queried suggested this site, so I checked it out. Looks pretty active, so we'll see what happens!

TimGavin

Banned
Reaction score
It was a long and terrible journey through the interwebz. Also, it was link from Critique Circle.

featherstone

Registered
Reaction score
Scribophile

I'm a member of sribophile. Someone suggested this place for additional advice, support, etc. Looks pretty cool so far. So's scribophile, if you're interested.

SR Roddy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.srroddy.com
I searched Google for the term Beta Reader. These forums were listed as #3. I poked around and liked the feel of the forums.