Registered
Reaction score
I googled "writer's forum."

Uninteresting, but the truth.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Google. I was trying to find out a typical word count for a novel. Yes, I am that clueless about writing. :Shrug:

authoremilywalker

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I just wanted to greet everyone. I found this site when I Googled one of my publishers and saw my name on one of the posts. I am looking forward to learning from fellow authors. :)

hologram

I'm broken I need repaired!
Registered
Reaction score
Like a lot of members, I searched for Writing Forum on Google.

kingsley

Registered
Reaction score
I was recommended here by a friend a while ago. I started lurking, but haven't really participated until now... when we finally have our first (moderately) successful book!

Glad to be a part of this amazing community.

WiltRhys

Skin don't come thicker than this..
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.piper-anderson.com
I was referred by a few fellow writers but could never remember the name of the site. Then I googled some inane writing question and up popped an answer that happened to be in an AW forum.

Shapeshifter

Student of Storytelling
Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a Google search for novel writing software (as one does), and in a round-about route, was lead to this forum (and I was saved from my isolation).

SAppleyard

Making friends with the Deadly Sins
Registered
Reaction score
I was reading Veronica Roths blog where she posts tons of life & writing and found the link to this site where she said she met many of her beta readers along with a lot of great advice. So I just had to come check it out. Glad I joined. :D

lolabelle

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled across this jewel when I was desperately trying to figure out if my query made any sense or not. And, although I still don't have the answer, I'm sure I'll find it here!

dst62

Registered
Reaction score
new here by recommendation

Hey Guys,
Callioopenjo told me about a contest here and so I joined. This is my first post.

Brent

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to Be Here

Hi, writers.

I'm new to the Water Cooler (fiction/non-fiction writer). This site was recommended to me by agent Maryann Karinch. I look forward to following various threads and discerning a pattern. Looks like a great site.

By the way, I recommend Ms Karinch's book GamePlan for Getting Published as a great read if you're starting to write a nonfiction book proposal. It's pithy, to the point--a real help (www.gameplanpress.com).

Has anyone found that writing a good book proposal is about as difficult as writing the book itself?

BC

Takora

Registered
Reaction score
I saw it mentioned on the official NaNoWriMo forum. Unfortunately I can't find the post I originally saw it in so I couldn't say who mentioned it, but I'm glad they did!

Sandy Appleyard

Registered
Reaction score
Reunited via a great blog post

Hi there,

I joined AW many months ago, but became overwhelmed with all the different ways to market my writing, and lost track of this site. I was reunited with it by a wonderful blog post one of my tribe members published. Here's the link if any are interested:

http://savvybookwriters.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/50-web-links-to-let-your-book-go-viral/

Anyhow, as you might have guessed, I've been working hard trying to promote my work. My debut romance novel was just published at the the beginning of the month, and therefore I'm looking for as many ways as possible to market it. I hope to share my blogs, writing and resources with you all. Thanks for reading!

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Google searching epublishing and the next thing I was here, and realized...HOLY MOLY!! They have published authors here!! Figured out in short order it made good sense to stick around.

madrynea

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thalanien.com
Absolute Write is all over the place, really. I've been aware of it for a long time and seen it mentioned on the NaNo forums as well as Holly Lisle's forums, among others. People speak highly of it in many places, I've just somehow never quite worked up the nerve to sign up because... it all seemed very serious. It's a step up from NaNo, for example. But now I'm here, it doesn't look so scary. :D

kk.erri

Registered
Reaction score
I found other members of another writing forum talking about it and decided to check it out. I am very glad I did.