How'd You Find This Site?

SadSaddler7

Registered
Reaction score
Google is my friend too so........ :)

One of the best finds ever regarding writing is right here in this website,thanks google!

CatFolk

Registered
Reaction score
Yasmine Galenorn had a link on one of her blogs, suggesting this site, so I figured I'd give it a try. Everyone seems pretty friendly here so far, so I'm glad to have found this.

Not Write Now

Total N00b
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! First post here. I found this site a little while ago while hunting for an answer to a question about the dreaded Publish America. I'll take my question to the appropriate section though. Hope someone knows the answer. Nice to meet you all!

FCameron

Registered
Reaction score
Website
definingyourhome.blogspot.com
Each time I google searched an agent, Absolute Write results came up. After lurking over the content, I decided to join in. Glad I did. Learning so much and it's great to hear the successes and obstacles shared.

pattycat

Registered
Reaction score
I saw this site mentioned in a Literary Rambles (literaryrambles.com) article. And this marks my first post! :)

Roadiegal66

Registered
Reaction score
Very roundabout route

I got here by the most indirect path: another search for copyright protection eventually brought me to Neil Gaiman's site, which had a guest post from Victoria, one of the two bloggers on the Writer Beware blog. That led me to a number of other links, including one for the water cooler. Since ASJA's Contracts Watch is no longer accessible to nonmembers and has morphed into another form, I thought this might be a good place to follow developments in the publishing industry, figure out who not to deal with among agents and publishers, etc. ... and it seems I was right. Still investigating all the forums have to offer, but I imagine you'll hear more from me by and by.
:hi:

Lucy_K

The women of many,many, many words
Registered
Reaction score
I was on the NaNoWriMo forums and someone was talking about these forums and posted a link, I clicked on it and decided to have a look around and I noticed that this forum looks a lot more friendly and nicer then other online writing forums I've come across. So I decided to become a member and here I am.

GinnieHazel

Registered
Reaction score
My story is very similar to Lucy's. I was talking about finding editors on the NaNoWriMo forum and someone gave me a link.

Reaction score
Google

Google is my oracle for all things to do with writing, and every time I had a knotty question, I'd see a link to a thoughtful response over here at the Water Cooler.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I was searching for agents and you guys came up in Google. I decided it sounded like kind of a fun place to hang out when I should really be writing.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
NaNoWriMo. I posted a thread asking about writing forums that supported older writers, and AW was mentioned.
:welcome: Welcome to the watercooler, Atalanta. Why don't you start a thread here in the New Members forum and introduce yourself so we can all welcome you to the forums properly. You can also pop into the Newbie Pub for a drink. We have some baileys left over at the moment from a party. :banana:

Maria S

Registered
Reaction score
Nanowrimo had a thread in the forums called 'Asked a Published Author'. All of the authors stressed the importance of critique partners. When I asked them how to find one, they pointed me in this direction.